Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chrisplosion, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kittiee Katt

Kittiee Katt Redtail Catfish

Ebbi
      Yesterday at 11:37 PM
      Only when paired with a bow tie. No bow tie, no clothes. :p

Deadliestviper7 and J. H. like this.
    2. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Today at 12:45 AM
      Hello; I have seen some of the news about this case. My first inclination is along the lines of you three, that she should not have been convicted. I understand what the girl did and do not like her nor what she did. That said she was far away and did not in any physical way assist in the "suicide".
      I suspect this might make it into various appeals courts. At least I hope so. This, to me , is another one of those slippery slope things. I might like it if the same sort of attitude can be applied to car salesmen. That being a salesman can be convicted for talking up a sale when they know it is a bad deal. Bad example but on my mind since I have been car shopping lately.

I guess we have another example of be very careful of what we put into writing.

Deadliestviper7 likes this.
    3. MrsE88

MrsE88 Bronze Tier VIP

Kathryn
      Yesterday at 8:39 PM
      That chick is evil. I watched a show about the case. I agree she should do time.

Kids think they can get away with whatever they want. And that girl has no remorse or sadness for the loss of her supposed friend.

4. J. H.

J. H. Redtail Catfish

pyh
      Yesterday at 1:48 PM
      Manslaughter is tough, but someone like that should serve for something. She is a destructive member of society. What she did is about as low as you can go.

MrsE88 likes this.
    5. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Hello; I do agree with both of you that she is evil and a destructive member of society. Also she is a very morally low person. What I have an issue with is that she is convicted of a crime where she had no physical activity at all.
      She did not supply any of the materials used in the event. She was not present in any way other than thru a text. The "victim" did all the acts on his own without any help. I see this as a brand new chapter for our legal system and not a good one.
      I get that you do not like her nor her actions, but prison for sending a text???? No I do not go along with that.

Deadliestviper7 and J. H. like this.
    6. MrsE88

MrsE88 Bronze Tier VIP

Kathryn
      I get where you are coming from. It is in a class all on its own.
      It’s just so disturbing because she has no remorse. And with no remorse there is nothing stopping her morally from doing this or something worse in the future.
      I think tough, hard action was/is necessary to send a message to her and others that this is unacceptable. If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. She didn’t have to bully and belittle him till he finally gave in and sat in his car till he died. She chose to do that.

7. jaws7777

jaws7777 Silver Tier VIP

Yesterday at 8:11 PM
      I dont know much about this but the article did say she suffers from depression as did the boy. Its a horrible story she may be evil but i agree with skj, very slippery slope. Even though it ls a bad example but in simpler form what happens in a lovers spat...one tells the other "go kill yourself" or " i wish you would die" could those be considered criminal acts ?
      Im surprised they got manslaughter to stick. Normally this involved a physical action. Putting up a shotty building knowing its not to code. It collapsed, kills a few people...thats my understanding of the charge. Been awhile

8. MrsE88

MrsE88 Bronze Tier VIP

Kathryn
      The difference here is that it wasn’t one, two, three, or even just four text saying go kill yourself. Or words to that effect. It was numerous calls and texts cutting him down and pressuring him to finally just do it. And it was over a period of time that she did this. Not just once because she was having a bad day.
      So I believe that is where the line is drawn. It wasn’t a one time bad decision. It was multiple, calculated, and relentless messages.

J. H. likes this.
    9. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Hello; So she has some sort of Hannibal Lector type ability to "control" minds thru a text. My understanding is the guy came up with the notion of suicide one his own and evil as you consider her texts, she encouraged him to do so. I guarantee no one will text me into something I do not actually want to do.
      My guess is she will never get another date after this even if some how released. That she may have her picture added to a dictionary or wickeopedia page next to the word "evil". I just do not see the "crime" she committed.

So I write to you to go jump in the lake and you do so. Where did your responsibility for your own actions stop?? Also do not think some aggressive prosecutor will never find a way to use this prescident in some other way.

10. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Hello; So let me get this straight. If she had only texted him to off himself once you would be OK with that. It is just the repeated texts that cross the line?