My new flowerhorn ‘kamfa’

Flowerhorn89

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
INDIA
Hey guys, picked up this guy after going off flowerhorns for a really long time after my last fh passed away due to Hex. I kept myself away from the temptation to ever1366047 buy a flowerhorn(my soul fish) and switched to Arowanas but well, destiny had other plans and I got drawn into another FH! My first kamfa :help2: am hooked again. So here goes his first pic as soon as I got him, still under quite a lot of stress though.

:feedback:

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
He looks awesome. Welcome back to Flowerhorns. I too have tried to get away and can't.....lol. Now I do see a ton of strong Kamfa traits like his wide tail, flatter face, and strong pealrs with base orange body color. However if you were asking me to try and identify the strain of this flowerhorn I would be titling it more as a King Red Dragon aka a Kamfa or King Kamfa bred with a Red Dragon or Super Red Dragon. Do you know who the parents of this fish are? Calling this fish a Kamfa only feels like 1/2 of this fish's story. If that makes sense. Either way he is awesome looking. Nice flowerhorn.

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Looks very good! I see some yellow which makes for stunning combo with red.

I too took a lot of time off from flowerhorns, not sure when I'll be back. One things for sure, looks like prices have dropped which increases the temptation.

Reactions: Flowerhorn89

Flowerhorn89

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
INDIA
Beautiful pattern on that guy! Nice FH!
Thank you!
He looks awesome. Welcome back to Flowerhorns. I too have tried to get away and can't.....lol. Now I do see a ton of strong Kamfa traits like his wide tail, flatter face, and strong pealrs with base orange body color. However if you were asking me to try and identify the strain of this flowerhorn I would be titling it more as a King Red Dragon aka a Kamfa or King Kamfa bred with a Red Dragon or Super Red Dragon. Do you know who the parents of this fish are? Calling this fish a Kamfa only feels like 1/2 of this fish's story. If that makes sense. Either way he is awesome looking. Nice flowerhorn.
He’s quite a mystery, I always felt all flowerhorns are mystery boxes, they change and mature in ways that look nothing like their childhood, makes it even more worthwhile investing time and care on these flowerhorn, I wonder what he would look like in 1 year haha
Looks very good! I see some yellow which makes for stunning combo with red.

I too took a lot of time off from flowerhorns, not sure when I'll be back. One things for sure, looks like prices have dropped which increases the temptation.
Their personalities are such that it’s impossible to say anyone is on their last flowerhorns haha
Looks like an old style kamfamalu to me. Short monkey face, square mouth, and that coloration. Very cool fish.
Welcome back! I too cannot escape the fh fever.
Old style! I like it ... very mysterious. Wonder how he would mature. Flowerhorn keeping is a trap!

Question! Does kamfa/kamfamalau get as long as SRD? Or do they remain smaller ?

Flowerhorn89

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
INDIA
Question! Does kamfa/kamfamalau get as long as SRD? Or do they remain smaller ?

Flowerhorn89

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
INDIA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store