feeding salmon fillet to jaridini?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Well as a side note. Ive settled on 3 pellets for now. Cant say why but thats the plan. He loves OO, FD krill and tilapia/shrimp. Been battling him with nls and hikari food sticks. Trying to learn from past mistakes and letting them get used to one pellet.

Reactions: LBDave

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Does anybody feed Bugbites?
You asked, I tested when it first hits the shelves years ago, for months, on numerous species, hence I answered. I know others that have trialed it as well, with mixed results. I generally have first hand experience on subjects that I post about, including feeding aros and other predators. Or would you prefer to just have kids with zero hands on experience responding? Maybe some links to care sheets?

If I knew Neil was going to go ballistic probably would never bring it up......sigh

Ballistic? WTF is your problem?

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
You asked, I tested when it first hits the shelves years ago, for months, on numerous species, hence I answered. I know others that have trialed it as well, with mixed results. I generally have first hand experience on subjects that I post about, including feeding aros and other predators. Or would you prefer to just have kids with zero hands on experience responding? Maybe some links to care sheets?

Ballistic? WTF is your problem?
Take it easy. Not personal. I actually like some of your posts and opinions. Sometimes it just appears that you are aggressive in you opinions.
I don't have a problem with you.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
DMD123 DMD123

Used bug bites in the past. If i remember correctly he didnt report any issues.

I was going to pick up a little tub of it last week

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My conclusion on bugbites was while it seemed to be a decent enough brand of food it was nothing special enough for me to abandon what I had already been satisfactorily using.

Reactions: islandguy11

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
His fish ate it readily, as did "most" of mine. It's fine to feed on a rotation, I simply would not recommend it as a main staple (to majority of tropical species) due to the elevated fatty acid levels. Which is what DMD123 does, he feeds it as a treat. https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/fluval-bug-bites.704967/

They market it as though it's eco-friendly, and from sustainable sources, yet if one looks at the label closely there is probably more fish protein in it, than anything else. The "bug" portion comes from the larvae of the fly, but it has some rather questionable ingredients in it along with that. IMO one would be better to occasionally feed gut loaded insects, when the fish is more mature, and fully pellet trained.

Reactions: islandguy11

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yup just like i said he didnt have any issues. Seems like dave also said its not used as a staple.

My conclusion on bugbites was while it seemed to be a decent enough brand of food it was nothing special enough for me to abandon what I had already been satisfactorily using.
Im no food ingredient aficionado lol but i kind of feel none of these foods are perfect. Im tired of them getting used to one brand. I have a couple of fish that will eat anything. Maybe because they were always give. a variety of pellets. Others wont touch a damn thing unless its what they are used to. Kind of a pain introducing something new

• Love

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Im no food ingredient aficionado lol but i kind of feel none of these foods are perfect. Im tired of them getting used to one brand. I have a couple of fish that will eat anything. Maybe because they were always give. a variety of pellets. Others wont touch a damn thing unless its what they are used to. Kind of a pain introducing something new
I kow what you mean friendo! It pisses me off everytime my group of growout silver dollars turn their noses up at the small NLS pellets but greedily gobble up the Tetra granules......and big greedy peacock bass absolutely ignores the Northfin pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store