Nano Reef

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Salt water is a deep dark hole.....lol
I was at an lfs and they had 5 or 6 anglers little babies. I almost got one. I mean in reality with live rock and sand premade water and some macro algae I could have....its a good thing I still have some will power. Lol
I do like the last incarnation cant wait to see the next....
Have you left the "nano" world yet? You will, you will.......
I have more money in 1 sw setup than I do all my fw setups the past 5yrs combined. That's including fw livestock & not including sw livestock. I don't even have a controller or do dosing.

Its like dating a gorgeous high maintenance woman. You focus on how hot she is and quit looking at receipts lol

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
That looks fantastic. I really the like the mix of movement and stationary colors. I know its considered a weed by a lot of people but I have to get some xenia.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
That looks fantastic. I really the like the mix of movement and stationary colors. I know its considered a weed by a lot of people but I have to get some xenia.
Thanks, I agree the xenia is one of my favorite corals. Just leave it on it's own island/rock isolated and it's fine. I do understand why people don't like it spreading- in the old tank it did some acrobatics and jumped onto the back wall and started to colonize it. But if you keep it far enough away from anything else your golden

Love the tank! Looks Awesome!! :)
Thanks! Tank is 14.26g Peninsula by lifegard aquatics

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Thanks, I agree the xenia is one of my favorite corals. Just leave it on it's own island/rock isolated and it's fine. I do understand why people don't like it spreading- in the old tank it did some acrobatics and jumped onto the back wall and started to colonize it. But if you keep it far enough away from anything else your golden

Thanks! Tank is 14.26g Peninsula by lifegard aquatics
It keeps growing- it’s more than doubled in size. Next year it will be 50-75 gal. Lol

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
It keeps growing- it’s more than doubled in size. Next year it will be 50-75 gal. Lol
haha, yup. Im thinking another double- 30 gallon sounds like the perfect size to me. I have a 50g I thought about using for this before I bought the 14, but too much salt mixing for me right now

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Do you know where I can find a just marine fluval spec v light? Or any other reef lights that can work for a fluval spec v?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Do you know where I can find a just marine fluval spec v light? Or any other reef lights that can work for a fluval spec v?
I would recommend a Hipargero 9w LED light. You can get them on amazon for about 60$. That, or the current marine orbit v1, which you can also buy for 60$ on Ebay from the company's account. Either will be good for pretty much any corals you want to grow in a small tank like a specv. The first two tanks in this thread used the hipargero, the new peninsula has a current orbit marine on it. The Orbit is a bit cooler, has a controller and ramps up/down, super customizable settings, storm/cloud modes, etc. The fluval lights I have heard are not that great, and will cost more money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store