Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Looks to me like he woke up, got drunk, and went to the store without remembering to get dressed first!

But yeah the mental disease thing is really depressing because since they made it illegal to commit people against their will for things like crazy talk, minor harassment, and public defecations, it's perfectly common for crazy people to roam the streets . . . and they do.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
There was a case in San Francisco where a bunch of so-called street performers were actually some fairly sophisticated (if inebriated) Shake down artists.

They would work as a team of three or four to herd people towards another member in a Obi-Wan robe, who was supposedly performing some Mystikal Swami gig.

The herders simply occupied to strategic positions on the sidewalk & acted in a certain manner that would distract people and make them feel slightly intimidated to be near.

And they guided victims towards their compatriot who would suddenly (once he had really caught their attention with this mumbo-jumbo shtick) jump up ferociously like he was going to murder somebody.

Then his friends start to laugh and solicit people for donations for this little off Broadway performance.

Because they were all minorities and depressingly poor, absolutely nothing happened to them except maybe they all got a free meal and a bath, and got to sleep indoors with an actual toilet, at the county expense.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Reminds me of a bunch of young performers I observed on the subway a while ago.The troupe walked onto the train,announced themselves as homeless youth trying to make an honest dollar by singing and entertaing other passengers.
Well,after their little performance one of them went about asking for donnations and while making his rounds for handouts one of his counterparts made a rather tasteless but probably accurate joke that had their groupp not been trying to entertain for money they might be out robbing folks...."so, please be generous lol".

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There are certain places I don't go and that would be one of them. Thank God that I have the choice.
The subway? I get what you mean and I agree.Although I grew up riding the subway and public transportation all over the city I rarely go that route now.I do not like to drive downtown or pay to park there though.

Reactions: jaws7777

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've never been on a subway myself. Been on the mugger mover, errrr.. I mean people mover here in Detroit before and that's as close as I want to get to a subway lol.
What is that exactly?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store