Best pellet for flowerhorn

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I still have this fish, going on 8 yrs old now, and he will eat almost anything! lol

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I still have this fish, going on 8 yrs old now, and he will eat almost anything! lol

That's beautiful fish. Looking like that at age of 8 definitely shows how healthy he is.

Reactions: RD.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Anyone who wants to buy NLS, surprisingly walmart has best prices on them. 2.2kg buckets for $40-65.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yes sir, only floating. He will stare at the surface instead of paying attention to the pellets fall all around him if I fed sinking.
Came across a post on facebook today, the guy got a flowerhorn and his fish wasn't eating pallets. He had floating pallets, after some conversation I asked him to try sinking pallets and the fish ate. Weird fish you guys have ? .

Reactions: JSpilo

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Came across a post on facebook today, the guy got a flowerhorn and his fish wasn't eating pallets. He had floating pallets, after some conversation I asked him to try sinking pallets and the fish ate. Weird fish you guys have ? .
My fish loves floating. Plus its nice when im in a hurry I can just throw a pinch full in and walk away. They never hit the ground.

Reactions: JSpilo

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
My fish loves floating. Plus its nice when im in a hurry I can just throw a pinch full in and walk away. They never hit the ground.
Mine eats both floating pellets (not talking about NLS float) as well as sinking ones. Jspilo's fish doesn't eat sinking and the guy who posted on facebook, his fish wasn't eating floating. I think either is fine but when you get a new fish, he doesn't tell you why it's not eating the other type ? and make owner worry about what's wrong. Floating does has a benefit over sinking and vice versa. At the end of the day, what your fish won't eat is not a good food.

tsde_nnino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2020
I like the "OKIKO" Platinum....it say's its for digestive improvement, high in astaxanthin (great for FH) and it contributes to color and head growth. There's also the OKIKO quick red that came with the platinum and it brought out the red in my FH x10 and he's grown tremendously over about 2-3 months of feeding

tsde_nnino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2020
also I feed him raw gulf shrimp without the shell and/or brine shrimp maybe once or twice a week as a snack

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store