icptoke3

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2018
new york
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi, my royal pleco I've had about a year now recently got extra plump. I added a piece of driftwood from one of my other tanks and he went to town on it. Is he just a fatty, or is there something wrong with him? He definitely sucked on that wood nonstop for about a week. There was previously wood in there already so I didnt think it would make a difference. Any opinions or suggestions for me? I havent been able to test the water yet but my albino bristlenose and bachir eel are doing fine.

20200915_163243.jpg

20200915_163204.jpg

20200915_163152.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully others more knowledgeable of pleco stuff than myself may chime in, however, I would say that does not look good.
If it were me, and this was a situation with a different fish, I would think about using Epson salt. With your beautiful royal pleco, I just don't know.
Good luck, hopefully others will be able to better help.

Reactions: deeda

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Remove the wood for a few days. See if it goes down. If not better than dose some Epsom salt, 1-3 tbsp per 5g, and kanamycin.

icptoke3

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2018
new york
Usually spirulina flakes, sometimes cichlid flakes, shrimp pellets, occasionally fresh zucchini. Been awhile for the zucchini though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store