How Many Cichla Would You Stock in This Tank?

How many bass in a 9Lx5Wx2T aquarium

• 1-3

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 3-5

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 8-10

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 10-13

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 13-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
No serious advice is needed but I wanted to hear some of our communities thoughts on this. I can't ask this question on any other group, however, due to the fact I'll get a bunch of unintelligible answers that're way off. So here's the question:

How many Peacock Bass would you stock long term in my 9'x5'x2' aquarium? Probably not for life but just for arguments sake, lets say how many between the sizes of 20-24".
Filtration is no issue, I have a large sump with a turnover of 5000g+ per hour with a mechanical nitrate reactor and bio nitrate reactor built in. So let's just take the size of the tank and fish into account. Purely just to hear other peoples opinions are and allow for some idea sharing. Personally, I see 6-7 (maybe 8-9 is the tank was another 6" tall) as the max for the tank or around 12 growouts around 10-14". What are your guys' thoughts?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
No serious advice is needed but I wanted to hear some of our communities thoughts on this. I can't ask this question on any other group, however, due to the fact I'll get a bunch of unintelligible answers that're way off. So here's the question:

How many Peacock Bass would you stock long term in my 9'x5'x2' aquarium? Probably not for life but just for arguments sake, lets say how many between the sizes of 20-24".
Filtration is no issue, I have a large sump with a turnover of 5000g+ per hour with a mechanical nitrate reactor and bio nitrate reactor built in. So let's just take the size of the tank and fish into account. Purely just to hear other peoples opinions are and allow for some idea sharing. Personally, I see 6-7 (maybe 8-9 is the tank was another 6" tall) as the max for the tank or around 12 growouts around 10-14". What are your guys' thoughts?
great thread!

i’ve got 12 in similar gallonage - water good - 8”-12” - hoping to get 6-12 months more together in there...

got two 400g systems coming - if i need to adjust

i tried to get similar feedback, i’ll watch to see where it goes....

cheers!

Reactions: Tony A.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store