Electric Blue Acara breeding questions

Sodakksam

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2020
I was out of town for the weekend—- my kid was in a high school bass fishing tournament; tough to be a spectator for 7 hours. My wife gave me vague updates. The pair is still guarding a pretty good swarm of fry. I will probably pay for it, but I’m going to give em another day. Off to the grow out take by Tuesday. I think. I just would like a few. Thanks for putting up with me.

Reactions: tlindsey

Sodakksam

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2020
I sucked a few out last time, and put them in a fry basket. They died overnight. The dad was trying to bite through the mesh to get them back. I’m not sure how I screwEd that up.

SoDakSam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2018
They are at it again. This time the male is doing all the guarding of the eggs and chasing the female away. Strange as usual. Last time I got 7days of life out of the young punks. Always interesting. Happy 4th.

SoDakSam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2018
My usual boring update. Dad is doing everything. Mom has been encouraged to stay away. Ive got swimmers. Might see if I can nab a few. Be nice to get a couple to raise. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Deadeye

SoDakSam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2018
The male is kicking butt protecting the crew. Tons left. I’m always skeptical about messing with them and stealing some fry. Then again, I have no fry from previous spawns to show for it. Any feedback is great. Just ordered some brine shrimp eggs to hatch.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The male is kicking butt protecting the crew. Tons left. I’m always skeptical about messing with them and stealing some fry. Then again, I have no fry from previous spawns to show for it. Any feedback is great. Just ordered some brine shrimp eggs to hatch.
If you don't have any algae in your aquarium I would suggest letting it grow because it will be beneficial for tiny fry.

Reactions: Deadeye and Rob909

SoDakSam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2018
Managed to get between 20-25 out Of the tank. Most are in an empty 10g tank with a sponge filter and Java fern. A few are in a fry box in the original tank. Not sure why I did the fry box. Hopefully, a few make it. Hatching brine shrimp As we speak. Thanks for listening.

SoDakSam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2018
Latest update. Ive got about a 10 in the 10g. Hatching more brine shrimp. Tank is getting greenish water. Ive read it’s good for giving them something to eat. Tough to see them though at times. Bellies seem full. The folks have laid eggs again after a decent water change and canister filter cleanse. I’m open to tips. Thanks for listening, or reading.

Reactions: Deadeye

SoDakSam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2018
I’m back. Ive got about 15 that are 2 weeks old. They have a fresh batch of swimmers. This time only the female is guarding the fry. Can I nab a few and put em in with the 2 week old crew? Thanks for putting up with me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store