Rate my tank

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Im working so havent read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been suggested but all i have to say is if you want a beautiful scaped tank the dont get a flowerhorn!
Maybe some more wood and rocks, probably 1 or 2 really big rocks and a really big log would look better than lots of smaller ones.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Im working so havent read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been suggested but all i have to say is if you want a beautiful scaped tank the dont get a flowerhorn!
Maybe some more wood and rocks, probably 1 or 2 really big rocks and a really big log would look better than lots of smaller ones.
Hasn’t been said yet, my FH is still young and used to having decor in his tank so I’m trying to get a bit more stuff in the tank but being careful not to overdo it.

Daniel36

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hawaii
What would you rate my tank out of 10? Just curious and wanting to know what people think about it. Thank you View attachment 1467261View attachment 1467262View attachment 1467263
What would you rate my tank out of 10? Just curious and wanting to know what people think about it. Thank you View attachment 1467261View attachment 1467262View attachment 1467263
10/10, flowerhorns from what I’ve gathered don’t need a whole lot it terms of decoration. Keep it up ?

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Painting does look better when it's done carefully...but taping a background to the outside of the tank can be done in seconds, can be changed later in only a few more seconds, and still looks way, way better than looking through the back pane at drywall, wires and likely more candy.

And literally any fish I have ever owned is much more intensely coloured and brighter when kept over dark gravel with a dark background. Are Flowerhorns so weird that they actually buck the trend and get more intense colours against a light-coloured bottom and background? I don't know but tend to doubt it.

Of all the pics that have won or nearly won the photo contests here on MFK, the really stunning dramatic ones are usually taken against a black background. Why is that? Do the guys who have the skill and knowledge to take those incredible shots maybe know something?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store