Rate my tank

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Paint the background black, get a couple pieces of Manzanita

Just ordered some from Amazon, 1 small and 1 large piece. I clicked that link and fell in love so I looked it up on Amazon because my mom doesn’t trust any other sites for some reason and found some that are familiar.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
What kind of paint? I have a couple old paint sets I think they’re acrylic
I used spray paint on very clean glass before I set it up. But you could get a pint of flat black from Home Depot and brush it on I would think. Someone can correct me if I am giving you bad advice. I've never done it that way.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I used spray paint on very clean glass before I set it up. But you could get a pint of flat black from Home Depot and brush it on I would think. Someone can correct me if I am giving you bad advice. I've never done it that way.
Would I be able to paint it with the fish and water still in it?

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
Thank you, how exactly would I move the tank to get a new stand? I don’t want to stress the crap out of daisy (my flowerhorn) with that move moving. I love that stand. Also I’d have to build the stand because I don’t have money to buy one and the tank is just big enough to fit in the spot that it’s in so the measurements for the stand would have to be to the exact millimeter.
If yourself and dad have it sorted all good, maybe a future project with dad? Fully understand about the money thing mate, I built mine out of slats from a queen bed someone was throwing away. As far as moving it and stressing your beautiful fish there are video's on that also. Best of luck!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
If yourself and dad have it sorted all good, maybe a future project with dad? Fully understand about the money thing mate, I built mine out of slats from a queen bed someone was throwing away. As far as moving it and stressing your beautiful fish there are video's on that also. Best of luck!
Is it possible for you to send me a link to a suggested video for moving the fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store