Aquariums and gardening.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Looked out of my sons bedroom window this morning down at my lawn and it looks like it's got a severe case of white spot, lol. It's puzzling me because I haven't added any new grass and as far as I know the grass I already have isn't stressed in anyway! Lol.

IMG_20210725_100728_HDR.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Looked out of my sons bedroom window this morning down at my lawn and it looks like it's got a severe case of white spot, lol. It's puzzling me because I haven't added any new grass and as far as I know the grass I already have isn't stressed in anyway! Lol.

View attachment 1467719
Something really acidic must have hit that grass.
My dog vomited on the grass, and that small patch where it was stayed dead for a few years. I don’t want to know what she ate...

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Something really acidic must have hit that grass.
My dog vomited on the grass, and that small patch where it was stayed dead for a few years. I don’t want to know what she ate...
Yeah, dogs are usually the culprit. Ours pees and craps all over the back lawn. Craps are removed immediately but obviously pees not!

It's funny, the amount of pees she does would suggest there should be a lot lot more dead patches, but yet there's only a few. I'm thinking that some pees, for whatever reason, are more potent than others. How and why this is God only knows.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Yeah, dogs are usually the culprit. Ours pees and craps all over the back lawn. Craps are removed immediately but obviously pees not!

It's funny, the amount of pees she does would suggest there should be a lot lot more dead patches, but yet there's only a few. I'm thinking that some pees, for whatever reason, are more potent than others. How and why this is God only knows.
I don’t think dogs were put on this earth to be explained...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This is a part of our garden which gets much of our 'waste' aquarium water more often than others.
Even though I strive to keep nitrates as low as possible, waste water must still contain quite a few valuable nutrients.
Cheers!

View attachment 1468205
That photo shows a small patch of beauty.I have a few different types of ferns and hostas around my property too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store