Member vanished!!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Anyone seen or heard from our friend M MultipleTankSyndrome aka Mr Metric. He was an extremely regular poster and quite a popular member, yet he hasn't posted since Sept 11th, which is most certainly out of character for him.

I shouldn't be too concerned really, but when you talk to people regularly on platforms such as these, and then they just disappear you sort of fear the worse. Whatever his reasons are for having a break from us, I just hope he is well.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'm hoping the reason for his uncharacteristic prolonged absence is down to something completely trivial, though you never know.

Like many of us I come on here most days, but if I knew I wasn't going to be on the forum for a while due to whatever reason, I'd mention it in passing to another member. I talk to members quite regularly in the private chat section.

This is why I was asking really. I was hoping that he may have mentioned something to someone. The thread is only young yet, there is a chance that somebody might have heard from him and put our minds at ease.

I'm truly hoping so anyway!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I havent heard from him but just recently i was wondering where Ulu Ulu has been.
Visions of him crashing his skateboard have gone through my mind but hopefully nothing so serious.
Ulu's a great guy but I sensed he just got a little fed up. He liked to speak his mind, and on certain subjects he got warned a few times for doing so. Plus he was a very busy guy, he always had projects going on.

Hopefully he'll come back. But like I said, you just don't know, it's the way these forums work. People come and go but you don't always know the real reason for them suddenly laying low.

And when you speak to people everyday, people who you come to recognise as friends, then it's all the more worrying when they stop visiting.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Over time Ulu and i had private conversations. He is gone from this site after being punished my the mods. He did ask that i tell "the guys" he is gone. Instead of my trying to phrase it I will quote him below. I also considered leaving the site a few years ago but do check in occasionally in order to see if my friends still have messages for me. Unfortunately, some are gone for years now and I miss them.

Quote Ulu
" I don’t know if this message will go through without the approval of a moderator in which case it is unlikely.

In any event give my goodbyes to the guys. I’m tired of the censorship and it is likely I’m never going to return.

I belonged to about a dozen different web forums, and one by one I am canceling the ones that do not allow political disagreement.

Those bastards in Washington have cost me over $1 million since 2008. What is a silly fish club compared to that? "

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Hello; Over time Ulu and i had private conversations. He is gone from this site after being punished my the mods. He did ask that i tell "the guys" he is gone. Instead of my trying to phrase it I will quote him below. I also considered leaving the site a few years ago but do check in occasionally in order to see if my friends still have messages for me. Unfortunately, some are gone for years now and I miss them.

Quote Ulu
" I don’t know if this message will go through without the approval of a moderator in which case it is unlikely.

In any event give my goodbyes to the guys. I’m tired of the censorship and it is likely I’m never going to return.

I belonged to about a dozen different web forums, and one by one I am canceling the ones that do not allow political disagreement.

Those bastards in Washington have cost me over $1 million since 2008. What is a silly fish club compared to that? "
Thanks for letting us know, at least he has just chosen to leave and nothing bad has happened.
Its still a shame as he is an interesting eccentric character, the forum needs some personalities or it will become boring (even more than it has been lately)
Funnily enough i didnt notice anything overly political from him or anyone else lately, the mods must be hyper vigilant about it after the battles from a few years ago.

A lot of cool people have left the forum over the years, hopefully we wont see too many more jump ship.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK

Quote Ulu

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. That is very sad to hear, but it comes as little surprise. Like I said, I could sense he was getting fed up.

Ulu did exactly what I'd have done, he reached out to another member to explain why he was leaving so the message could be passed on.

I realise that we're all basically strangers on here. We're just a bunch of people who have been drawn to the forum because of our love of fish. We don't hang out together, we don't know each other at all really, but just basic human nature means that some level of attachment is there. And due to this it is all the more sad when people go.

On a positive note though, I don't believe M MultipleTankSyndrome had a problem with the mods, or was unhappy, so hopefully he's just very busy setting up a new fish room or something, and he will be back soon. Here's hoping.

Reactions: Deadeye and Niki_up
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store