Baby Laps

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
for now hes still in a QT tank, after the other little guy died ive been keeping him under super close observation. ill be adding some red sand after i can convince myself that he is healthy and not going to suddenly stop eating like his former tankmate. seeding a new spongefilter for the tank right now that will be running off a small powerhead to help keep the tank circulating and keep the BB up
Cant wait to see what this guy looks like on some red sand.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
took all the mollies out of the tank since they were just eating all the food and i was worried he wouldnt get enough. my dats didnt complain though lol. red sand coming soon! washing it now. so far it looks amazing in the bucket its being washed in... i might need to add some to the main tank after this batch of leaves decomposes

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
took all the mollies out of the tank since they were just eating all the food and i was worried he wouldnt get enough. my dats didnt complain though lol. red sand coming soon! washing it now. so far it looks amazing in the bucket its being washed in... i might need to add some to the main tank after this batch of leaves decomposes
What kind did you get?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
red sand is settling in the tank now. little guy is not too happy with me about the change and is pale and hiding in his plants for now. working on a better filtration solution as well. Thinking about plumbing a small HOB so the intake draws through a sponge filter so i still have the biologic filtration from the sponge with some added mech/chem filtration from the hob. any thoughts? will post some pics up after he settles back down and has full color again

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
IMG_7996.JPG IMG_7999.JPG IMG_7998.JPG Sand is in and everything is clearing up nicely. Tossed in some chopped Tiliapia for the little worm and the other inhabitants. Currently have a small colony of ghost shrimp and a few other tiny friends that need to grow although the focus is still mostly towards my little hybrid. Will post up shots of him on the red as soon as he is settled in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store