Jebao DCP 8000 Unboxing

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Update:

So I came home today and found my tank running very noisy, as if it had a low flow and lost siphon (which was exactly right). I immediately checked the pump controllers and the second one (newest one) was reading an error (I was slightly panicked and forgot to take note on which error it was). Well, I hit the pause/feed button and it went into "feed" mode. I then pushed the pause/feed button again and it started back up as if nothing happened. I'm not sure what would have caused this because there is no debris or any other components in the pump chamber, and the pumps both have their inlet guard on.

As of right now they are both running normal and my tank is back to being quiet again. I will keep you all updated if it happens again.

Reactions: jaws7777

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Well, I just noticed that the clock on our microwave (the only clock in the house that uses regular power) was reset. So, I'm guessing that the power went out/glitched and somehow the one pump didn't restart yet. Fortunately, I at least still had one running, which makes me glad I've gone with a dual pump setup. I am glad that there is a somewhat legitimate reason why the pump errored out.

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Something I've noticed, if I unplug one then plug it in again fairly quickly they can give an error and not run. Seems to be something with them holding a bit of juice for a few seconds after losing power, so your situation makes sense

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Well, through another thread I noticed that I haven't updated this thread in a while.

Both of my pumps are still running great. I have not had any other hiccups like I described above, even though the power has glitched several times since then. I also turn my entire power strip off during my weekly water change and when I flip it back on the pumps start ramping up just fine.

I really can't say enough about their adjustability. It makes keeping my herbie siphon going really easy between water changes and I've not had to touch my drain ball valves in months.

I definitely recommend the DCP pump as an economical option and a very silent pump.

loganh83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
The Lone Star State
Any updates on Jebao pump reliability? I'm looking at getting a pair for my 240. DCT's have almost 5 starts on amazon and I am on the fence about a DCT or the newer DCP. What do you Jebao users say?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Any updates on Jebao pump reliability? I'm looking at getting a pair for my 240. DCT's have almost 5 starts on amazon and I am on the fence about a DCT or the newer DCP. What do you Jebao users say?
Mine have been going strong for about 6 months now. They get turned off once a week for water changes. I run both of them between 55-60% power. I just usually adjust them about 1% every few days to keep my herbie from sucking air bubbles while keeping my emergency drain completely dry.

I would definitely recommend the DCP pump. The adjustability is excellent. Some don't see the need for it but I think it's one of those features that you just don't realize how useful it is until you have it. Then, once you have it you wonder what you did without it. Lol

loganh83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
The Lone Star State
The DCP 6500, 8000 and 10000 are all about $100. If i'm running 2, would it be possible to throttle down 2 10000's enough to run both at once? I have a 240 with a 40 breeder FB sump. Using a Beananimal on a peninsula overflow and dual returns.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
The DCP 6500, 8000 and 10000 are all about $100. If i'm running 2, would it be possible to throttle down 2 10000's enough to run both at once? I have a 240 with a 40 breeder FB sump. Using a Beananimal on a peninsula overflow and dual returns.
I think it should work out just fine. You can adjust them between 30-100% so you can go pretty low with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store