Every good story comes to an end... the death of my monster GATF

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
greenerinks greenerinks just wondering how you're holding up. Takes awhile to get over these things. Any plans for more ATF?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks for all the comments MFKers.. it was strange for awhile as I kind of felt like I lost a cat or small dog.. i almost neglected feeding the rest of my fish for the past week or so after what happened. I think now I'm maybe getting over it...
This is what I went through after my armatus flipped out and took the dive of death.I actually did neglect feeding my other fish as I did not even go into my fish area for a few days afterward.Sorry for your loss.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
That's such a bummer, especially after such a big recent loss.

I totally get not able to go to the fish room, when such losses happen, always hurts to see old pets go. I remember the last time when I lost my 2 year old H. Niloticus, I shutdown many of my tanks

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Damn dude that is a major blow! I lost a 18" goliath when i went out of town for a week and my tank blew a valve when i wasn't home. I missed it by 1 day after my flight got delayed! That was a yr ago. Now im growing out another from 5" now a healthy 8"! Not to sound cruel, but id stuff it and hang it on my wall, that is a stunning animal, period! Hopefully u have moved on and starting a new grow out. Unfortunately, things like this are part of the hobby.

HaitiCult

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
Buffalo NY
I lost my Alpha 11" Vittatus but my 10" Goliath, 7" Vittatus and my weird 6" Vittatus with the solid red tail have all totally chill now that they are not getting beat on al the time. And a huge bonus is now the Goliath like the Vittatus are taking non live talapia, beef, turkey, chicken, brine shrimp, almost anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store