Northfin food

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32017R0962&from=en

COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2017/962 of 7 June 2017 suspending the authorisation of ethoxyquin as a feed additive for all animal species and categories

More info on what lays ahead for the use of EQ ....

http://academy.pittmanseafoods.com/en/2017/09/what-the-ethoxyquin-suspension-means/

What the ethoxyquin suspension means
Sep 25, 2017

Authorisation for the antioxidant ethoxyquin (EQ) as a feed additive was formally suspended by the European Commission on 28 June 2017 with the publication of Regulation (EU) 2017/962 in the Official Journal of the EU.

Consequently, the use of EQ as a feed additive could be banned throughout the bloc from 31 December 2020, or earlier if the outcomes of ongoing toxicity studies have negative connotations. Alternatively, authorisation could still be upheld if satisfactory evidence and data is supplied to the relevant authorities.

More info ......

https://www.feednavigator.com/Artic...nded-in-the-EU-are-there-viable-alternatives#

http://www.allaboutfeed.net/Feed-Ad...oxyquin-use-in-animal-feed-suspended-198110E/

Still no word here from kmuda, but it does appear that he has removed his previously glowing review on Northfin from his website. Make of that what you will.

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
So FDA says safe within certain levels, EU says we're not so sure, and we're going to suspend its use while we do more study. Sounds to me like it would be premature to jump to conclusions before they actually do the study and publish results. However, it's not like the FDA (or other regulatory bodies) have never made mistakes... Vioxx anyone? Darvon?

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Aspartame is considered safe lol. When money is involved anything can be considered safe lol.

So I posted a comment on NF FB page. Asking if there is ethoxyquin. Darius replied that there is zero ethoxyquin and he is soon to update his website with the lab results to show.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
After all the brouhaha here there was a lab result supplied by NF, and posted here. But, and this is a BIG but, it was on a sample that NF sent to the lab, and not one taken from an unopened container, randomly selected at a random LFS. There was more than one sample of NF that was posted online that tested positive for EQ, and it wasn't just found in the krill formula, as some have stated.

Often times when it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ....

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
After all the brouhaha here there was a lab result supplied by NF, and posted here. But, and this is a BIG but, it was on a sample that NF sent to the lab, and not one taken from an unopened container, randomly selected at a random LFS. There was more than one sample of NF that was posted online that tested positive for EQ, and it wasn't just found in the krill formula, as some have stated.

Often times when it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ....
So, even if EQ is in the feed we will never really know?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Not unless the test samples are coming from a sealed unopened retail container. The lab report should state that, not just some reference to a brand or manufacturer name, or even a formula or lot #. And obviously it's better if an independent party supplies the samples, which is what I thought kmuda was going to be doing.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Not unless the test samples are coming from a sealed unopened retail container. The lab report should state that, not just some reference to a brand or manufacturer name, or even a formula or lot #. And obviously it's better if an independent party supplies the samples, which is what I thought kmuda was going to be doing.
Hmm I wonder how that new brand Tropical fish food is?? It has Cereal in it lmao

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Hmm I wonder how that new brand Tropical fish food is?? It has Cereal in it lmao
I wonder if it could be a binder....although it would be better if they stated what type of grain it actually is or maybe it is more than 1 grain being used, which is not good. The derivatives also make me wonder what they really are as well.

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
I wonder if it could be a binder....although it would be better if they stated what type of grain it actually is or maybe it is more than 1 grain being used, which is not good. The derivatives also make me wonder what they really are as well.
Ya I also don't like how they generalize the ingredients

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store