We've all purchased fish that we regret - please help me with mine!

RocketGarStar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The difference between the extended torture and suffering of living in a puddle, compared to a quick death may be an issue to consider as to which is actually more humane.
You are absolutely right. If I can't find any new homes for her before she gets 7 inches, I'll euthanize her. It's sad, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Thanks for all of your help, guys.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Are you sure she's not a snakeskin?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I'm positive. The scales are too large and the eyes are bigger than those of a snakeskin; she's also more deeper bodied and has a more pointed snout. The coloring is off too - no horizontal stripe, just a few semi-visible vertical bars.
There are several snakeskin variants, and even the same one will change color and shape as they age. Some have no stripes at all. They also tend to get thicker and deeper bodied as they age. If you're sure, though, you are sure.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
Check with your local club if you have one in your area, maybe someone would take it

Balistik928

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2019
Lancaster, PA
They usually sell for $100+. I'm sure you could give it away, or sell it. You might have ship it, though. I believe that in some parts of the world, some people raise them in ponds in their basements without filters and fed them food scraps to grow them out for the table, just as people used to keep pigs in the US. It shouldn't be hard to keep in a kiddy pool.
I have to admit "Mystery Gourami" is quite funny. Hey, ya wanna buy a "Mystery Cichlid"?
Or maybe a mystery pimelodae catfish for your 10 gallon?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store