720 Gallon Plywood Build

inert1a

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2017
well the tank is holding water, have about 500 gallons in it. will have it completely filled tomorrow hopefully.

one of the problems i had with my last tank was anaerobic gas pockets building up in the sand. i put together a pvc grid with some holes drilled in it that im going to plumb up to a large air pump that will run twice a day for a few minutes to help move the sand around.

Sump plumbing is almost complete. drains into a 50 gallon rubbermade trashcan that is going to be filled with some sort of bio media topped with filter floss or some type of mechanical filter material. also plan on having a dedicated carbon reactor and purigen reactor in the sump as well. just waiting on pumps to finish off the plumbing.

there will be a 2 x 8 structure that will be attached to the tank functioning as a land area which im hoping to incorporate a waterfall/stream into the main tank as well.

going to start working a 3d background as well. might try to diy something but not sure yet. any suggestions on background choices that dont break the bank?

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
well the tank is holding water, have about 500 gallons in it. will have it completely filled tomorrow hopefully.

one of the problems i had with my last tank was anaerobic gas pockets building up in the sand. i put together a pvc grid with some holes drilled in it that im going to plumb up to a large air pump that will run twice a day for a few minutes to help move the sand around.

Sump plumbing is almost complete. drains into a 50 gallon rubbermade trashcan that is going to be filled with some sort of bio media topped with filter floss or some type of mechanical filter material. also plan on having a dedicated carbon reactor and purigen reactor in the sump as well. just waiting on pumps to finish off the plumbing.

there will be a 2 x 8 structure that will be attached to the tank functioning as a land area which im hoping to incorporate a waterfall/stream into the main tank as well.

going to start working a 3d background as well. might try to diy something but not sure yet. any suggestions on background choices that dont break the bank?
Great stuff spray foam. Paint it once done with dry lock. Add wood branches for effect. Lots of cool ways to use that stuff. Love the build by the way!

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
The in-tank part background, is that also great stuff, silicone and Cnut fibre?
Coming together real nice now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store