Just wondering something

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I'm pretty damn pleased my partner Is also into keeping aquariums.

I have heaps of hobbies, there have been a few times where he has put his foot down and made me get rid of a few things as I've done with him. He likes to fix broken stuff, our study is a hell hole of his collecting broken things and my art stuff. It is always give and take though.

Maybe this situation is too?
Unless he forced her to get rid of her cat/dog/budgie/etc how would it be give and take? She's making him give up something that he claimed responsibility for, and may very well have an attachment to.

Not trying to be a prick or anything, just curious on what you think would justify making someone get rid of their very reasonable amount of VERY reasonable sized tanks in a give/take situation? :)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Unless he forced her to get rid of her cat/dog/budgie/etc how would it be give and take? She's making him give up something that he claimed responsibility for, and may very well have an attachment to.

Not trying to be a prick or anything, just curious on what you think would justify making someone get rid of their very reasonable amount of VERY reasonable sized tanks in a give/take situation? :)
My husband puts up with an unreasonable amount of fish crap lol. This fiance dont know sh** about "too much"

But then again my hubby is an enabler because he likes building all the projects we do together. Hes very handy!

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
My husband puts up with an unreasonable amount of fish crap lol. This fiance dont know sh** about "too much"

But then again my hubby is an enabler because he likes building all the projects we do together. Hes very handy!
It sounds like you have a very happy, healthy relationship. If only everyone could be that lucky. :)

From the small amount of info given it sounds like this woman isn't even willing to comprise, that's the big red flag for me. A willingness to compromise makes for healthy relationships, romantic or otherwise.
Is she by any chance young and it may be that she doesn't understand the so called "adult" world yet? :rolleyes:

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
How much exactly was the shampoo?
$20ish a bottle. So $40 total for shampoo and conditioner. Then there's the body wash, moisturiser... Suffice it to say I was spoiled. :D

I live in Tasmania (Australia) and while that isn't stupidly expensive for shampoo, its not cheap either considering you can buy shampoo for $2 a bottle lol

Edit: also keep in mind that my hair was 24+ inches long at the time so a 500ml bottle didn't last too long...

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That is sad, but hard to really pass judgment without knowing the full story.

Are they renting? Maybe the landlord said no tanks at all and those two tanks could get them evicted?

Maybe space is extremely limited and causing too much stress?

Undisciplined kids causing issues with the tanks making them a source of arguments?

That said I’d be heart broken if my husband told me my fish had to go.
Hopefully there is a good or at least decent reason behind why she is making him give them up.

Reactions: jaws7777

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
You ladies have too much emotion on this lol

Who knows what's going on. Us guys (me) like to put the blame on our significant other. I've gotten the ultimatum before and I said oh she's griping about my tanks. Truth be told I had jag growouts on the dining room table we weren't using along with a 180 stand stuffed behind it in an apartment.

This past time. I had a garage full of big tanks. She said they need to go. I took a better paying job that evolved a lot of time and included traveling. We had a few kids and it was a huge burden added to her daily routine. Fair enough they need to go.

Usually we talk and compromise. Its when we pacify one another is when the ultimatums come out.

Her curling irons for instance. She loves to leave these sob's on the sink with the cord in the floor which absolutely sucks stepping on with bare feet. I talked to her about it...she yeah yeah'd me (like I do her). I step on one a week later...what happens? I grab them up toss them in the floor in front of her. These have got to go! Lol

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
How much exactly was the shampoo?

Also Olivia, you could offer to take the tanks but he can have them back at any time. Just a thought.
My "fish stuff" shed is already full. The work shop isnt an option. I dont invade hubby's man space. I'm all over every thing else around here lol.

That is sad, but hard to really pass judgment without knowing the full story.

Are they renting? Maybe the landlord said no tanks at all and those two tanks could get them evicted?

Maybe space is extremely limited and causing too much stress?

Undisciplined kids causing issues with the tanks making them a source of arguments?

That said I’d be heart broken if my husband told me my fish had to go.
Hopefully there is a good or at least decent reason behind why she is making him give them up.
Dont know his whole story but he sounded kinda bitter.

If my hubby said to me "its me or them" Id be like "suit case is in the closet, take your stinky loud dog with you" lol

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
You ladies have too much emotion on this lol

Who knows what's going on. Us guys (me) like to put the blame on our significant other. I've gotten the ultimatum before and I said oh she's griping about my tanks. Truth be told I had jag growouts on the dining room table we weren't using along with a 180 stand stuffed behind it in an apartment.

This past time. I had a garage full of big tanks. She said they need to go. I took a better paying job that evolved a lot of time and included traveling. We had a few kids and it was a huge burden added to her daily routine. Fair enough they need to go.

Usually we talk and compromise. Its when we pacify one another is when the ultimatums come out.

Her curling irons for instance. She loves to leave these sob's on the sink with the cord in the floor which absolutely sucks stepping on with bare feet. I talked to her about it...she yeah yeah'd me (like I do her). I step on one a week later...what happens? I grab them up toss them in the floor in front of her. These have got to go! Lol
I couldnt live with her. Im OCDeverything has to be in a neat and orderly place lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store