Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Just wondering something

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by Go_redfish, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Kittiee Katt

Kittiee Katt Redtail Catfish

Ebbi
      38 minutes ago
      Unless he forced her to get rid of her cat/dog/budgie/etc how would it be give and take? She's making him give up something that he claimed responsibility for, and may very well have an attachment to.

Not trying to be a prick or anything, just curious on what you think would justify making someone get rid of their very reasonable amount of VERY reasonable sized tanks in a give/take situation? :)

Deadliestviper7 likes this.
    2. Go_redfish

Go_redfish Aimara

Olivia
      Today at 3:46 AM
      My husband puts up with an unreasonable amount of fish crap lol. This fiance dont know sh** about "too much"

But then again my hubby is an enabler because he likes building all the projects we do together. Hes very handy!

3. Kittiee Katt

Ebbi
      38 minutes ago
      It sounds like you have a very happy, healthy relationship. If only everyone could be that lucky. :)

From the small amount of info given it sounds like this woman isn't even willing to comprise, that's the big red flag for me. A willingness to compromise makes for healthy relationships, romantic or otherwise.
      Is she by any chance young and it may be that she doesn't understand the so called "adult" world yet? :rolleyes:

Deadliestviper7 and Go_redfish like this.
    4. fishhead0103666

fishhead0103666 Giant Snakehead

Brian
      Yesterday at 11:49 PM
      How much exactly was the shampoo?

Also Olivia, you could offer to take the tanks but he can have them back at any time. Just a thought.

5. Kittiee Katt

Ebbi
      38 minutes ago
      $20ish a bottle. So $40 total for shampoo and conditioner. Then there's the body wash, moisturiser... Suffice it to say I was spoiled. :D

I live in Tasmania (Australia) and while that isn't stupidly expensive for shampoo, its not cheap either considering you can buy shampoo for $2 a bottle lol

Edit: also keep in mind that my hair was 24+ inches long at the time so a 500ml bottle didn't last too long...

6. MrsE88

MrsE88 Bronze Tier VIP

Kathryn
      Yesterday at 11:48 PM
      That is sad, but hard to really pass judgment without knowing the full story.

Are they renting? Maybe the landlord said no tanks at all and those two tanks could get them evicted?

Maybe space is extremely limited and causing too much stress?

Undisciplined kids causing issues with the tanks making them a source of arguments?

That said I’d be heart broken if my husband told me my fish had to go.
      Hopefully there is a good or at least decent reason behind why she is making him give them up.

jaws7777 likes this.
    7. souzie

souzie Dovii

Saturday at 1:05 AM
      Nope. I buy what I like and I like a lot of dang things LOL... my husband has zero problems with it.

Deadliestviper7 and Go_redfish like this.
    8. PYRU

PYRU Redtail Catfish

Today at 1:01 AM
      You ladies have too much emotion on this lol

Who knows what's going on. Us guys (me) like to put the blame on our significant other. I've gotten the ultimatum before and I said oh she's griping about my tanks. Truth be told I had jag growouts on the dining room table we weren't using along with a 180 stand stuffed behind it in an apartment.

This past time. I had a garage full of big tanks. She said they need to go. I took a better paying job that evolved a lot of time and included traveling. We had a few kids and it was a huge burden added to her daily routine. Fair enough they need to go.

Usually we talk and compromise. Its when we pacify one another is when the ultimatums come out.

Her curling irons for instance. She loves to leave these sob's on the sink with the cord in the floor which absolutely sucks stepping on with bare feet. I talked to her about it...she yeah yeah'd me (like I do her). I step on one a week later...what happens? I grab them up toss them in the floor in front of her. These have got to go! Lol

jaws7777, Deadliestviper7 and Rocksor like this.
    9. Go_redfish

Go_redfish Aimara

Olivia
      My "fish stuff" shed is already full. The work shop isnt an option. I dont invade hubby's man space. I'm all over every thing else around here lol.

Dont know his whole story but he sounded kinda bitter.

If my hubby said to me "its me or them" Id be like "suit case is in the closet, take your stinky loud dog with you" lol

10. Go_redfish

Go_redfish Aimara

Olivia
      I couldnt live with her. Im OCDeverything has to be in a neat and orderly place lol