11 Indians

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
I now have clown loaches in my tank. And it's official. The loaches hate my tomigai spirulina. Probably no scent. I borrowed a piece of shrimp from a friend and put it in the tank. Well they ate it nice and fast. Also ate lettuce ok with But does not like my pellets. A problem is my severums got a bit overfeed from the shrimp

Reactions: Alistair

Barbs and Barbels

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
That is a nice group clown loaches. I have been resisting filling a tank with them because I would have to heat the tank. At this point I lean toward fish that do not need heat due to a lose a couple of years ago during a power outage.

Alistair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
India
Looks good! Keep the tank heated above 85 if possible, atleast for the initial period. These guys are ich magnets.

I feed mine tetra bits, almost power feed them multiple times a day with daily water changes, and theyre fattening up slowly. They were as skinny as yours when i got them a couple of weeks ago. A couple of them seemed to have skinny CL disease. And ich struck in the first 3 days. 5 are doing good, but I dont think the skinniest one will make it. He is in a separate quarantine. Mine are replacements for my bigger ones that were wiped out in a velvet outbreak because I didn't quarantine a few blue botias

Reactions: smjack

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
I just mixed them with the severums. I assume that they are all infected with ich. Heater set at 32c. 3 weeks. Shopping for new pellets. Do you feed guys all feed nls? Or are they any other alternatives?

Alistair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
India
I just mixed them with the severums. I assume that they are all infected with ich. Heater set at 32c. 3 weeks. Shopping for new pellets. Do you feed guys all feed nls? Or are they any other alternatives?
My usual food plan is a mix of any high quality sinking carnivore pellets like hikari, tetra bits + algae wafers + veggies like cucumber & blanched kale + soaked freeze dried bloodworms/tubifex/shrimp etc that sink to the bottom. Mixing it up helps a lot. But I dont feed NLS because it isnt available freely & cheaply where I stay. I would certainly add it into the mix if I was in the US.

For me it is the pellets like hikari biogold & tetra bits that really bring out the reds and oranges in the loaches. Those foods are designed to bring out the yellows and reds in discus and other cichlids and they work well on clowns too.

Mine dont like the veggies so much as the pellets and freeze dried food. The key is to feed them well and not treat them like scavengers for the middle and top dwellers. They have a huge appetite!

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
20170306_174916.jpg feeding station. To prevent the severums from attacking the clowns. These severum are getting overweight from the feeds and shrimp. The pellets they eat but not with gusto.

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Another one feeding one pellets which tastes maybe tastes like medicine? Btw you can used 1.5 diameter tubes. You can use this to separate clowns during feeding time.

20170306_175027.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store