2 jardini in one tank?

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
My first jar used to bash the hood open and end up on the floor , brought it round from very very near death a few times by pumping water from the fx outlet over its gills and pulling it back and fourth through the water , that aro lived for six years then I lost him to velvet disease caught from a pacu (worst buy ever) , lost my second one that was two year old few weeks ago to a power cut (so anoying) now I'm on jardini number three he's a greedy little one smashing food as I type lol
My first jar used to bash the hood open and end up on the floor , brought it round from very very near death a few times by pumping water from the fx outlet over its gills and pulling it back and fourth through the water , that aro lived for six years then I lost him to velvet disease caught from a pacu (worst buy ever) , lost my second one that was two year old few weeks ago to a power cut (so anoying) now I'm on jardini number three he's a greedy little one smashing food as I type lol
i wish my 3 litlte guys smash through food like that. my 3 are kind of picky on food they only eat raw shrimps and feeders since the pet store start them out with feeders. i have my oscar and flowerhorn in differents tanks as black hole for the unfinish jardini food.
yes i agree with u, i hate power cut, i tried to stock up on some battery air pump just in case for that it doesnt help as much but at least it have something to put oxygen in the water. since i have 4 different tank and a pond its going to be really sad if there is a long power cut.

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
I had 5 jardini in one tank. one died. not good idea.
yea a lot of people said when jardini hit 10" mark they still start killing. but i want to try it because i want try to see if they can get a long with each other but trust me when i said i have healing tanks and bin ready to go. i always have 1 healing tank ready to go been running it since forever because i kept a lot of fish and just in case any of them get injure and like i said before i kept large jardini and arowana so if anything happen im ready to throw one in there and i have bins and tank in the storage room that can be use as healing tanks. i also kept some kois and arapaima in the pond as like a peace keeper but my arowana doesnt fight maybe once in a while i see a few rip fins and sometime they chase after my koi for fun. some of my friends that visit my house for the first time thought i was running an aquarium shop xD

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
Yes definitely. Lei are much nicer to other fish than jar. Well I didn't know that lei like to live in group, I thought they are agressive to other Arowana but less than jar. I was think about that at first but then my lfs only have 1 lei and its 168$ and the jar is suppose to be 120$ but I got it for 90$. Community Arowana are prob best with silver and lei but for me person I like jar because they look much more like asain Arowana when get get bigger so I don't have to worry about showing them off. If I start another community Arowana I'll try to get some lei.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I'm not to sure about lei's are good in groups they are less aggressive than jardini but only towards other type of tankmates , I'm pretty sure they still challenge each other for tankspace even in groups hence you don't get many people keeping them together unlike Asians , silvers and black's

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
i think they do challenge each other but less than jardini maybe? but i think jardini is more aggressive than lei for sure. but the question is are better to keep in groups? i might try it after my trio grow up big enough to hit the pond. but if i had a chance to pick lei or jardini i think i would pick jar because for me personally i like jar more but i still like both. well the good news is i remove the catfish from the tank. i bought a few plastics canvas from walmart and made him a small cage/tank so he wont be able to get pick on by the bigger fish. i made him a 36x36x24 well close to the measurements but a little longer. so now my jar is in the tank with a small rtc hybrid its about 4.5 right now and the smallest jar is right now 5.3? i saw some sizing today but no bites for fight

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store