2 lithodoras dorsarlis grow out.

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
Predatory Fins still has those mystery catfish mislabeled as Lithodoras on their web page.I suspect that they are Centrodoras.A while back I spoke with someone there over the phone about the fish not being what they claim them to be.I was told that their supplier informed them that's what they were and they are sticking with that.I do not watch too many of their videos,I prefer to look at fish rather than see a bunch of preamble and Rodrigo being a camera hog lol,so I have not seen the other fish that you mentioned...it is not currently listed on their site.
I am glad that I finally actually have the real deal now after all these years of searching.I really enjoy the fish as it is active and as previously pointed out, does not behave like other Doradids.
Big thanks to Aqua Imports for bringing them in.
Oh, okay. Scratch that part then.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati

Interesting video of adult specimen, some
Changes to be had from these smaller ones. Quite possibly the biggest change of
Structure from small to large I’ve ever came across in an catfish.
That is one hell of a catfish. Never heard of this species and very impressed with it.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That's some weird, weird specimen, looks surreal and kind of repulsive (to me anyway). I don't think this is anything normal or typical of Lithodoras dorsalis. I may be wrong. The snout is like smashed in.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It looks quite bloated as I have seen of others on youtube.It does have an odd looking snout.

Reactions: Rpul and Rtc/tsn

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
That's some weird, weird specimen, looks surreal and kind of repulsive (to me anyway). I don't think this is anything normal or typical of Lithodoras dorsalis. I may be wrong. The snout is like smashed in.
Agreed, the snout looks like it’s took some damage & the eyes are cloudy. Not normal,

but the full body “armour” (I don’t think they would come under scuts.) is crazy! Although, I am a huge doradide fan. So maybe that’s just me.:ROFL:

It looks quite bloated as I have seen of others on youtube.It does have an odd looking snout.
I find a lot of pictures I’ve seen of larger specimens they are all very fat, so to speak.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I find a lot of pictures I’ve seen of larger specimens they are all very fat, so to speak.
I guess that speaks to how active they are,almost always looking for food.Here are two photos from my old books,quite a range of body colors.20211013_212710.jpg
20211013_212636.jpg

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
I guess that speaks to how active they are,almost always looking for food.Here are two photos from my old books,quite a range of body colors.View attachment 1475865
View attachment 1475864
I wonder if it’s a catch location thing or a water clarity thing that’s causes the different colours.
Great pictures by the way.
mom await Steven grants new doradie book at be realised (very soon) to see what pictures he’s acquired. I may have to drop him a message and see if I can get a Sneak preview.

Reactions: deeda

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wonder if it’s a catch location thing or a water clarity thing that’s causes the different colours.
Great pictures by the way.
mom await Steven grants new doradie book at be realised (very soon) to see what pictures he’s acquired. I may have to drop him a message and see if I can get a Sneak preview.
That book sounds like something I might have to have.

Reactions: koltsixx
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store