addicted2cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Tanganyika Coastline
Taz2478;1742036; said:
def glad no leaks with carpet.

any rocks or wood?
i mos def glad no leaks! but for the rocks, im gonna be puttin some lava rocks in. ill hit up my local rock spot this friday when im off and dig thru their rock piles to get some good lava rock forms!

addicted2cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Tanganyika Coastline
fsc46;1742402; said:
Just an idea, it might be better to turn the filter off and do water changes to remove the cloudiness. The sand grit can wear down your impeller and create a lot of noise.

You can even plumb the lower bulkhead to drain the cloudy water and connect another hose from the tap to one of the return bulkheads. :headbang2

When the water is clear, reconnect your (cleaned) fx5. Add water conditioner, turn the canister filter on.
thanks man but im good! its pool filter sand and is heavy and not floatin around but i do know what your talkin bout. its gonna be fine.

addicted2cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Tanganyika Coastline
alright, so i got the sand some what leveled out and it turns out to be
2-21/2" deep and not what i said before. i got the gold fish in and the gold fish are lovin it. not used to free space to swim about. the waters clearing up good and ill have the rocks, heaters, and probably some fake plants (not sure which ones i want to put in yet. add some green to color it up a little) by the end of this coming weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store