240 Gallon Build thread

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I have a 75g sump w/ 3 baffles on my 250g and it works great... and still have plenty of room to work with. My tank has a coast to coast weir and drains to to the right with 2-2" drains with a 1" return connected to a tee to 2 loclines. 1st baffle holds the mechanical and the bio, middle hold my heaters and last has my MaxFlo 2900
Guess it comes down to your plumbing and lay out

Cheers
For the size of sump max I can have so I can still have some wiggle room to adjust ect.. Is

39" L X 22" W X 18-20" H

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I have a 75g sump w/ 3 baffles on my 250g and it works great... and still have plenty of room to work with. My tank has a coast to coast weir and drains to to the right with 2-2" drains with a 1" return connected to a tee to 2 loclines. 1st baffle holds the mechanical and the bio, middle hold my heaters and last has my MaxFlo 2900
Guess it comes down to your plumbing and lay out

Cheers
Yeah my over flow will be just 2 1" or 5/8" bulkheads, with the strainer thing they come with, return is 1" probably. I'll look around on a local forum/ Craigslist for some ready sumps, if I can find them I'll look for a cheap tank and go from there

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
when your looking they will never be available till your all set up and running lol... I'm sure you'll come across something that works.

Yeah my over flow will be just 2 1" or 5/8" bulkheads, with the strainer thing they come with, return is 1" probably. I'll look around on a local forum/ Craigslist for some ready sumps, if I can find them I'll look for a cheap tank and go from there

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
when your looking they will never be available till your all set up and running lol... I'm sure you'll come across something that works.
haha that always happens to me. Bought my old 200 gallon and boom a much larger tank popped up for sale haha.

In sure I'll fine some ready sump or 40-60 gallon for a good price

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Started cycling some media tonight. Took the 3 trays of bio from the fx6, bagged it up and placed it in the pond. Tank will take about 2-3 more weeks to complete, so it'll have some jump start. Plan for the pond also is to upgrade filter, and summer rolls around have some feeder guppies breed

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Nothing new done. May start cleaning out the spot the tank is going jn and put the stand their today. Also will be going into the crawl space to see if the floor needs to be reinforced

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Still no progress, it's been raining 4-5 days in a row, waiting for some sun so I can wrap the stand in plywood, cut out the doors ect.. And clean out the spot. Drill the extra holes on the tank and I still need like 3 more bulkheads. Last but not least, pain the back of the tank black

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Started cleaning out the space for the tank. Hopefully by tomorrow I can have the stand in the house.

Now I have a question. Filtration will be fx6, 2 aquatop cf500uv on one side. Other side I want to do sump. My dimensions for max sump sizes are- option one- 39" X 21" X 18" or 42" X 18" X 18".

Now for the intake outtake.. I was thinking 2 1" bulkheads for intake, 1 inch for output, how many gph can that handle? I want to have my heaters in the sump so I guess it needs to be pretty high gph to keep tank warm? I guess I can add one inline heater?

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store