300 gallon native hill stream tank

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
My best success with a linear flow was using a canister outlet and a circulation pump in tandem. The canister outlet agitates surface and circulation pump moves lower half of tank in a vortex style.

The wood and wall form a directional buffer zone for the water to flow around and gives places for fish to dart into when spooked and river fish know how to do that. As well as places of relative peace to hunker down for the night.
I attached a rough pic to illustrate what I mean.
Water Flow.jpg

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
reptilerancher reptilerancher Seeing this tank makes me regret putting cichlids in the 210... Great job, the tank looks really nice.

TankerEasy

Exodon
MFK Member
May 15, 2020
this is super cool, would almost wanna try something like this. How do you go about setting your water temp?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
You got it more or less pluming for the filter is under the tank and the Jebao return pump is for flow and it runs pluming in the rim of the top of the tank. The filter pad on the side there is to hide pluming and I plan on growing moss there as well.

View attachment 1419487

View attachment 1419488

View attachment 1419489

View attachment 1419490

looking good!

looks like some filter pad from “pond guy”

i got a sheet of that which you pictured, have not used it yet, using the fine stuff he sells in my wd...

Reactions: reptilerancher
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store