300 gallon poly tank

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Exactly lol thats why i would never put him with some of the heavy hitters lkke jags or argentea...hed get himself killed
Ive seen it done but usually with overstocked tanks where the aggression could be spread out.

My pearsei is female and a lot calmer of a fish than the others who keep males. She used to run the show in the 300 gallon but would always end up getting in trouble when the male fish stood up to her or if any fish decided to go at it. This is why I no longer have my regani or red bay snook. Had to try and keep the peace. Im currently looking for another bumblebee Oscar or a nice wc type oscar to try with her. Im thinking it might work...

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ive seen it done but usually with overstocked tanks where the aggression could be spread out.

My pearsei is female and a lot calmer of a fish than the others who keep males. She used to run the show in the 300 gallon but would always end up getting in trouble when the male fish stood up to her or if any fish decided to go at it. This is why I no longer have my regani or red bay snook. Had to try and keep the peace. Im currently looking for another bumblebee Oscar or a nice wc type oscar to try with her. Im thinking it might work...
Yeah groups would be better off. Another member has a 540gal with a mix of big time fellons and hes able to pull it off because of overstocking.

Back on page 138 2 pages back, I dunno if you said what it was and I just missed it or not but what is the really dark poly with the nice pattern you posted a picture of and said "look who came out". That's a very different looking color I like that one a lot and just wondered exactly what it was?
Thx man yeah shes a stunner. Im real lucky to have her. My kids call her candy bar and we all started calling her sp.candy.

There was a discussion over her a while back. Some thought she was a unique colored faranah lap but most of us think shes an sp.faranah

Ridx? the stuf u trow into the toilets?:eek:o_O
But can ur pump suck up /move all the poo?
Nope i put 1 tbls per 75 gal into a fine mess bag. Squeeze it out throughout the day then remove it. All of the bran stays in the bag while the bacteria floats off.

To ne honest i havent dosed on a few weeks. I really think the charity comes from the 100 micron socks too

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

I decided to keep the smaller jag too. She active and has a better pattern. In the 75 without the other female she just hid and hasnt eaten. She ate the same day i moved her into the 300. Both of them should be ok they are pretty fat

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio

I decided to keep the smaller jag too. She active and has a better pattern. In the 75 without the other female she just hid and hasnt eaten. She ate the same day i moved her into the 300. Both of them should be ok they are pretty fat
That’s so sweet! I’ve never seen of a video of a jag out and about like this. I wouldn’t mind having a little group sometime. They look so funny with the chubby belly’s. I love it.

Reactions: clm08k and jaws7777

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Good to see that sp. candy is back out. There’s a gold bar and a candy bar together in that’s one pic ;)
At first, I wasn’t on team catfish, but I reallly like the vulture cat. It’s so active and hasn’t a cool pattern. It seems that the one jag is a lot more active too. Glad everyone is getting along!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
You would never know this was just broken down a month ago.
Thx man.

It was broken down? Sad news. What happened Jaws?
Its all good. I over filled the tank causing a flood, had to break down the tank and move it to clean the mess. Everything is up and running now.

Good to see that sp. candy is back out. There’s a gold bar and a candy bar together in that’s one pic ;)
At first, I wasn’t on team catfish, but I reallly like the vulture cat. It’s so active and hasn’t a cool pattern. It seems that the one jag is a lot more active too. Glad everyone is getting along!
Thanks homes. Yeah the larger jag is a bum

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store