300 Gallon Purchase - Manufacturer

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
cdienzo;2239470; said:
Not sure if it was stated earlier, but what are planning to stock? Are you planning to stick with FHs? FH community? (is that even possible?)

It's always cool when members decide to document their progress on large tanks like these. :thumbsup:
Honestly I'm not sure. lol I have tons of 55 gallon tanks for the FHs. I'm probably going to get SA/CA cichlids for the 180. I would like the fish to only be moderately aggressive though. I tried to put a few aggressive CA/SA cichlids in my 125 and it was a constant war zone. I wan't to make sure it is stocked extremely light, because I don't want a ton of maintenance.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Just leave the garage doors in place so it looks like it needs to be from in front of the house. Then its party central behind the door ;)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I once had the chance to buy a brand new 220 for $400. I guess I should have jumped on that deal.

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
NOLAGT;2232463; said:
A 240 is nice and it is the biggest thing I could get in there and still have a WAF but if I could get bigger I would. What kind of fish you want to keep? If big CA/SA I would get 36" front to back. Maybe even 30" tall. The price jumps a lot tho when you go above 25" tall. My last tank I never setup and sold (long story) was 6'x3'x2' and I miss the 3' depth....even tho I never saw it with water. It had the overflows on the back of the tank so it had a lot of room. Starphire glass on the front and sides. Look at the white sheet through the side vs the bottom.

That tank is GORGEOUS!!!! How much was it?

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Ok i finally got the tank this morning. Its much nicer than I thought. Come to find out it was from a 9,000 square foot house. The guy was some kind of millionaire and had a company get rid of everything in his house since he was staying in california. It has a ton of saltwater stuff hooked up near the sump, so it is going to take me a while to figure everything out. I'm thinking that its bigger than a 180. everything is entirely custom on the tank so I'm a bit stoked for the moment. I'll take pics later.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
polish;2241001; said:
Awesome deal.
Thanks. I don't know jack about saltwater setups, so I may need to rework everything in the sump.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Deepsouth;2240956; said:
Ok i finally got the tank this morning. Its much nicer than I thought. Come to find out it was from a 9,000 square foot house. The guy was some kind of millionaire and had a company get rid of everything in his house since he was staying in california. It has a ton of saltwater stuff hooked up near the sump, so it is going to take me a while to figure everything out. I'm thinking that its bigger than a 180. everything is entirely custom on the tank so I'm a bit stoked for the moment. I'll take pics later.
Way Cool!!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
That tank i posted was 2500 shipped from miracles in glass in canada. 500 was shipping...im in louisiana far away.

I had a 110gal reef tank for over 8 years before katrina wiped it out. Post some pics and ill help you fig out what it all is. You might be able to sell that stuff off and come out with a cheep or free tank, depending what it is.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Bah after checking the tank is only a 180. Oh well. It is still bigger than my 125 Gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store