That- and I can hear her accent in your typing. :screwy:

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
Deepsouth;2237166; said:
I just received a quote from tenecor for a 350gallon acryllic. This tank would own. I will try to sell her on it. If i get a 240 I think I will probably go with glass.
What was the cost? Stand included?

They have not gotten back to me after a week.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
The 240 Glass with stand/hood from glasscages.com was about 2000ish with delivery charge. The 350 gallon from tenecor (acrylic) is 2700ish for only the aquaruim. I can get a local new tank 220 gallon but only 72". 72" x 24" x 29" for 1800 with stand and hood.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
The reason that I have the 350 gallon quote for the tank only is because my wife would make me put one that size in the garage. If it is going in the garage then i could make a stand for it. Tenecor furniture is hellla expensive. 4 times as much as glasscages.com. The aquariums themselves are similiarly priced.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Deepsouth;2236999; said:
I already have four 55s ans 1 40g. I also have some 125s as well. She said that I can have a 220 or a 240 wide. She wont let me get an 8 foot tank.
Your mistake was getting her involved in the decision making process. Never give out such details. Do all your measuring, etc when she is not around. Just say you are buying a big tank, and then it shows up.

Either that, or be more clever. I told my wife I was considering a 12 foot long tank. Then the 300 g that I wanted was a "compromise".

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
yeah I probably screwed up by measuring it with her there. I just got off of the phone with her and she said that we will work it out once I get home from work. She said that I could have full reign of the garage for tanks, but I would prefer they be inside. I really don't want the 220 gallon size, but their price new is so much cheaper than everyone else and they will deliver it. You have to admit that having an 8 foot long 3 foot deep tank has to be awesome.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Ok here is the deal. Both my wife and I measured every possible spot in the house and as much as I hate to say it she is right. I can't get an 8 foot tank in the house without it making it look like crap. She said that I could put it in the garage, but I'm not a big fan of that. So i decided to get a 220 gal 72" x 24" tank from the local pet store, but then I looked on craiglist and saw a 180 72" x 24" x 24" with sump, stand, hood, saltwater lighting and canopy for $350. I decided to get it. It is nowhere near as big as I wanted, but I'm ok with the fact it isn't as tall as the 220. The 220 would be a bit tougher to clean. The tank is being delivered to me tommorrow morning. Of course I had to pay the guy $100 to deliver it since he lives an hour and a half away, but it is worth it to have another person to help set it up and pay him for gas. What do you all think. Should I have just put a 300+ gallon in the garage or was it worth the money to get this one? Let me know your thoughts please.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store