3000 gallon DIY build video (start to finish)

Dione

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hard to put how massive that tank is into perspective until I saw those 5 gallon buckets sitting in it. Really nice build. And the finishes are top notch

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Stunning build, I love it. Fantastic craftsmanship on the basement and the tank! One question, how do you deal with the humidity produced by such a massive footprint of water? My 540 gallon only had a 6ftx4ft footprint and it put a serious amount of water into the air. I'm curious because my next build will be roughly 1,000 gallons and I do worry about the impact of all that humidity on my home.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Stunning build, I love it. Fantastic craftsmanship on the basement and the tank! One question, how do you deal with the humidity produced by such a massive footprint of water? My 540 gallon only had a 6ftx4ft footprint and it put a serious amount of water into the air. I'm curious because my next build will be roughly 1,000 gallons and I do worry about the impact of all that humidity on my home.
Just cover the tank. I covered my 535g tank and just had feeding holes, and had no problems. If I had a tank like that, I’d probably install some sort of dehumidifiers or extraction fans.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store