330 gallon setup and sump build

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I really really really like sitting and looking at my sump. If it was me, I'd get a glass or acrylic tank that I can see in.

Also, keep in mind, you may end up keeping fish in your sump one day, too.

Get something clear.

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I really really really like sitting and looking at my sump. If it was me, I'd get a glass or acrylic tank that I can see in.

Also, keep in mind, you may end up keeping fish in your sump one day, too.

Get something clear.
Couldn't agree more.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Thanks for talking some sense in to me guys ragin_cajun ragin_cajun Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis JK47 JK47 . I did forget the fact that I will want to see in to the sump for fish some day so that makes a lot of sense. Ill contine my search for some sort of tank hopefully something acrylic will pop up. if not glass it is

But to keep everyone updated on the pump situation the company from Amazon named (aquas) is shipping me a brand new pump and I get to keep the other questionable one. So I will have 3 pumps now.

Heaters are next which I am still up in the air about brands.

Then on to plumbing!

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
heaters, I just use 2 Jaeger 300 Watt heaters, plugged into a cheap and simple Finnex controller. They used to stick to the side of the inside of the sump. Now they kinda just lay there since the suction cups don't stick anymore.....

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
heaters, I just use 2 Jaeger 300 Watt heaters, plugged into a cheap and simple Finnex controller. They used to stick to the side of the inside of the sump. Now they kinda just lay there since the suction cups don't stick anymore.....
the jaeger hasnt given you any problems at all? how long have you had them. I know controllers will extend the life of a heater

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Did you verify if the power supply on the 9000 was the same? Good to have backup either way.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Did you verify if the power supply on the 9000 was the same? Good to have backup either way.
Both have the same power supply. I just asked him to swap out the pump just in case since he said the 9000 and 12000 are both the same pump, just has a different power supply. So I will have two complete packages (controllers, etc) and one extra pump

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store