330 gallon setup and sump build

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I have no idea how many it'd take to move the tank. I don't move things anymore. I don't cut grass anymore. I don't paint anymore.

Reactions: Dixon81

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Congrats bro. I had mine delivered to tje house and still hired movers to move it into the basement. Took 3 of them. Are your basement stairs carpeted ? Reason i ask is we slid it down the stairs

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
I have no idea how many it'd take to move the tank. I don't move things anymore. I don't cut grass anymore. I don't paint anymore.
ah lucky you, I am to young not to do it myself and save me a couple bucks in the long run. Ill ask Chris next time I talk with him if he thinks its doable

Congrats bro. I had mine delivered to tje house and still hired movers to move it into the basement. Took 3 of them. Are your basement stairs carpeted ? Reason i ask is we slid it down the stairs
Thanks man cant wait to get started. And when you say you had 3 guys move is that because you moved it down the steps? Were 2 guys able to lift it on to the stand once you got it into the basement?

Luckily I live on a slab so no steps for me. Its about 20 feet from the driveway to the window its going in to the house through and then another 5 feet from there.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
My old house I got like 7 friends one Sunday morning to move my 300 gal deep dimension into my old house basement. I just got 2(2 x 6) on the stairs and slowly slide it down. When I moved out I just hired movers to move it out and into my current house.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
My old house I got like 7 friends one Sunday morning to move my 300 gal deep dimension into my old house basement. I just got 2(2 x 6) on the stairs and slowly slide it down. When I moved out I just hired movers to move it out and into my current house.
7 people?? Must have been glass right? I moved a 275 I had and flipped last year with 4 and that was a PIA

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
7 people?? Must have been glass right? I moved a 275 I had and flipped last year with 4 and that was a PIA
Yea it was a glass. Started leaking about 1.5 yrs after moving it to my current house. I had to hire mover to move that in and out. I now own a 330 (78 x 36 x 28"h). Acrylic which I lifted one side by myself.

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Yea it was a glass. Started leaking about 1.5 yrs after moving it to my current house. I had to hire mover to move that in and out. I now own a 330 (78 x 36 x 28"h). Acrylic which I lifted one side by myself.
glass is such a pain. And that makes me feel better. Two guys should be able to move it than. Ill have a third person help me to guide through the window its going through

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I didnt move anything lol the mivers did hahaha yeah down stairs but did tale 3 of them to get it to the stairs.

DRteugelsi DRteugelsi follow this thread i bet it will come out better than mine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store