5 sided plywood tank?!

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I'll do something on the filtration soon. I'm adding a couple things first. The system under that stand is very unique. I turn a couple valves to do a 50% waterchange! No hooking up hoses or any of that nonsense! The whole thing is plumbed directly into the house plumbing.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I'll do something on the filtration soon. I'm adding a couple things first. The system under that stand is very unique. I turn a couple valves to do a 50% waterchange! No hooking up hoses or any of that nonsense! The whole thing is plumbed directly into the house plumbing.
Do you do something like a simultaneous drain and fill like me? (I hate water changes so they have to be easy!!!!)

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I throw in some safe let my pump and fresh water run at the same time for 10 min then throw a little bit more safe in afterward to be sure. I frequently test my tap supply and out of the shoot I barely have any chlorine in it

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I turn a couple valves and drain 50% directly down the drain (plumbed in) turn a couple more valves and fill it back up with heated water. Best part is I can walk away and not worry about overflowing the tank. Overflow in the sump for drip system.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I turn a couple valves and drain 50% directly down the drain (plumbed in) turn a couple more valves and fill it back up with heated water. Best part is I can walk away and not worry about overflowing the tank. Overflow in the sump for drip system.
Man that's a beast. Do you condition the water

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
3 stage home filtration system dedicated to that tank alone...so nope, no conditioner needed! All kinds of cool gadgets in the stand, even a digital water meter to keep track of how much water I'm using.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store