55 tank stocking

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Some kind of small to mid sized south american cichlid might be a good fit for you. I would look into blue acaras. They get to your prescribed size of 5-7", personable, entertaining to feed but not too predatory that they will attack your corys.

A 55 is adequate space for a small group of them along with your cory cats. I would look for captive bred acaras instead of wild caught because they are usually more resilient, better adapted to aquarium life. Wild caught acaras frequently require strict water conditions ie high acidity and restrictive temperatures.

Reactions: Bertie07

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I suggest the Honey Gourami a nice group of Tetra a trio of livebearer and like Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 suggested the Silver Hatchet for the surface. You will have activity covered in all areas of the aquarium.:)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I would exclude any Cichlid for a very peaceful community. I have experienced even lone so called peaceful Cichlid turn aggressive and chase other inhabitants for territory.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
For the live bearer, how about some pure endlers? They're a bit small though.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
How about blue acaras, keyhole cichlids, earth eaters, angelfish, dwarf pike cichlids, Pictish catfish, glass catfish, upside down catfish, sword tails, tetras, bristlenose plecos. Not all of them, but they could fit in your tank besides for some earth eaters look up which ones are suitable for your home aquarium.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I wouldn't go with pictus catfish. I tried some in my 75 and they were so active they were stressing everyone out and I had to get rid of them.

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
How about blue acaras, keyhole cichlids, earth eaters, angelfish, dwarf pike cichlids, Pictish catfish, glass catfish, upside down catfish, sword tails, tetras, bristlenose plecos. Not all of them, but they could fit in your tank besides for some earth eaters look up which ones are suitable for your home aquarium.
I really wanted glass catfish but i kept hearing they can be difficult because they are very fragile and I want fish that are a little bit hardier. An Angelfish seems very interesting

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I really wanted glass catfish but i kept hearing they can be difficult because they are very fragile and I want fish that are a little bit hardier. An Angelfish seems very interesting
Glass catfish are very hardy imo, angels are nice to

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store