600 gallon DIY Reef Slope Aquarium

Hoop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
Washington, D.C.
I had been using my 600 gallon aquarium to grow out Shaks / Rays / Groupers for my 1800 gallon Predator Bay tank. Now that all the fish are moved over, that leaves the 600 gallon ready to be made into a Reef Slope aquarium.

Aquarium Specs:
- 600 gallon DIY aquarium 72" x 48" x 48", tied into a 700 refugium sump.
- Kessil a360we Tuna Blue lights, currently 4, may need to add more in the future.
- Waterflow: Jaebo Gyre pump (largest model) and multiple Sicce powerheads with controller.
- 4 foot tall reef rock emulating a reef slope type environment
- Fish will include: large Angelfish, large Tangs and other complimentary fish species.
- Corals will be made up of easy to care for soft corals that are noxious enough to not be picked at by the fish.

Here is the beginning of the tank:

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
I had been using my 600 gallon aquarium to grow out Shaks / Rays / Groupers for my 1800 gallon Predator Bay tank. Now that all the fish are moved over, that leaves the 600 gallon ready to be made into a Reef Slope aquarium.

Aquarium Specs:
- 600 gallon DIY aquarium 72" x 48" x 48", tied into a 700 refugium sump.
- Kessil a360we Tuna Blue lights, currently 4, may need to add more in the future.
- Waterflow: Jaebo Gyre pump (largest model) and multiple Sicce powerheads with controller.
- 4 foot tall reef rock emulating a reef slope type environment
- Fish will include: large Angelfish, large Tangs and other complimentary fish species.
- Corals will be made up of easy to care for soft corals that are noxious enough to not be picked at by the fish.

Here is the beginning of the tank:

Which angels are you going to add?

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store