7 x2 x2 ...what to stock it with!?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
And just 2 finish who really wants a 22inch giant gourami that acts like a whale and makes 3 inch oscars look like ants ahahaView attachment 1281437
Me. I love the way they look like elephants, and the way they interact with each other. The only thing I don't like about them is that you need a 15x5x5 tank to keep a group - same size as a koi pond!

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
The giant gourami can grow over 2ft long I have an albino that size now and in a 7x2 will have little room to swim although your tank is a good size some of the fish are unsuitable the eel,nile bichir etc. Also angelfish are delicate so you want to be careful with more aggressive fish, the list below is an alternative option so you can stock it with more fish and get the same feel as a monster predator tank
Kissing gourami/snakeskin gourami (instead of the giant gourami)
Striped pike characin 20-30cm
(Instead of the gar)
Delhezi bichir 35cm
Senegal bichir 30cm
Ropefish 40cm
(Instead of the fire eel)
Silver dollars (red hooks,widebar,normal or spotted) as a vegetarian piranhas thing
Severums
Clown loaches (a group of 5 would look good)
Then the Synodontis try hunting down an Angelicus Synodontis one of the prettiest
Hope it helps
First of all i wanna say thank you for all your help and advice :)
Yeh i realised the stock list was abit ..urm messy but i yeh i agree on the bichirs...i think i will just keep to my senagal bichir i got now..but why wouldnt the fire eel work? Not what you said but could this work?... the first 10 fish on the list are all in my 55 gal and 20 gal which would have to go the 210 gal
1 gold severum
1 blue acara
1 firemouth
2 rainbow cichlid/mating pair
1 angel fish
1 festive
1 bolivan ram...(i know he will get eaten)
5 massive columbian red fin tetra
2 bristlenose plecos..(1 albino 1 norm)
1 sengal bichir
1 catfish of some sort (syno)
So all these have to be moved into the new 210 gal but these are the fish i want to add
3-4 rocket gar
1 male electric blue jack dempsey
1 male chocolate cichlid
1 male green terror
1 male convit
1 male oscar
1 fire eel ??
1 Red Tail Giant Gourami???
Would this work? Thank you so much

Last edited:

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
First of all i wanna say thank you for all your help and advice :)
Yeh i realised the stock list was abit ..urm messy but i yeh i agree on the bichirs...i think i will just keep to my senagal bichir i got now..but why wouldnt the fire eel work? Not what you said but could this work?... the first 10 fish on the list are all in my 55 gal and 20 gal which would have to go the 210 gal
1 gold severum
1 blue acara
1 firemouth
2 rainbow cichlid/mating pair
1 angel fish
1 festive
1 bolivan ram...(i know he will get eaten)
5 massive columbian red fin tetra
2 bristlenose plecos..(1 albino 1 norm)
1 sengal bichir
1 catfish of some sort (syno)
So all these have to be moved into the new 210 gal but these are the fish i want to add
3-4 rocket gar
1 male electric blue jack dempsey
1 male chocolate cichlid
1 male green terror
1 male convit
1 male oscar
1 fire eel ??
1 Red Tail Giant Gourami???
Would this work? Thank you so much
Because you have angelfish the cichlids when mature would simply kill or try to eat the angelfish and tetras especially an Oscar,red tail giant gourami can still reach 24 inches plus and in my experience are more aggressive of the aquarium isn't big enough and a fire eel can quite easily grow to a metre and at that size are very thick bodied your tank would last a fire eel up to about 30 inches 3ven then it would be tight have you thought about tyre track eels they stay slightly smaller at around 60cm

Reactions: taylor the beast

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
Because you have angelfish the cichlids when mature would simply kill or try to eat the angelfish and tetras especially an Oscar,red tail giant gourami can still reach 24 inches plus and in my experience are more aggressive of the aquarium isn't big enough and a fire eel can quite easily grow to a metre and at that size are very thick bodied your tank would last a fire eel up to about 30 inches 3ven then it would be tight have you thought about tyre track eels they stay slightly smaller at around 60cm
Aw okay well i think i will just wait on the Giant gourami and maybe add him/her later when all the fish are mature??? And no i havent i will look them up now :) thank you so much

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store