7500 GALLON SHARK TANK FOR MY NEW HOME

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Take it out now as it will only get worse and even more dominate the longer you have it! While neat looking they will literally eat anything that fits in their mouth at anytime. I had a blue line grouper that even when full keep picking off small fish and bullying others he couldn't eat.

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
I have a shipment coming from the US on the 11th. After this shipment, the tank will be full. I'll post the final stocking list after that...
Currently, all is going well...
Having some difficulty with the Pterois Volitan as it's eating the small fillers one by one :(
I might take it out...
BTRs have adjusted pretty well.. Some yellow tangs had some bruises and marks early on but thankfully they have all become accustomed to their surroundings...
Sweet! No rush but have you worked on the book thing yet?

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
The first shipment of additional fish has arrived... As I started introducing them, I saw that the Lionfish was ready to make its move on some of the wrasse and even the anthias.
That was the final straw! Took it out immediately and placed it in quarantine. The Lion is about 24 cm, I'm thinking the reason because it was so aggressive was mainly its size advantage against the smaller fish. Thinking about trying a Mombasa Lion (relatively smaller) and see how it will behave...
any thoughts?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
The first shipment of additional fish has arrived... As I started introducing them, I saw that the Lionfish was ready to make its move on some of the wrasse and even the anthias.
That was the final straw! Took it out immediately and placed it in quarantine. The Lion is about 24 cm, I'm thinking the reason because it was so aggressive was mainly its size advantage against the smaller fish. Thinking about trying a Mombasa Lion (relatively smaller) and see how it will behave...
any thoughts?
I would be nervous that a tiny little lionfish like that would get lost too quickly. Especially in something that size with all those hiding places.

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
I'm getting two new shipments this week, pretty excited. That's why I won't be rushing into putting a lionfish in. I want to see these fish settle in first! Hopefully, I'll be getting the following:
-Stegostoma Fasciatum
-Himantura Uarnak
-Flame Angel
-Potter's Angel
-Multibar Angel
-Spotband Butterfly
-Saddleback Butterfly
-Powder Brown Tang
-Achilles Tang
-Chevron Tang
-Whitecheek Tang
-Lavender Tang
-Red Tail Trigger
various wrasse, anthias, trevally, etc...

Can't wait!!!

Biomatic

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015
I'm getting two new shipments this week, pretty excited. That's why I won't be rushing into putting a lionfish in. I want to see these fish settle in first! Hopefully, I'll be getting the following:
-Stegostoma Fasciatum
-Himantura Uarnak
-Flame Angel
-Potter's Angel
-Multibar Angel
-Spotband Butterfly
-Saddleback Butterfly
-Powder Brown Tang
-Achilles Tang
-Chevron Tang
-Whitecheek Tang
-Lavender Tang
-Red Tail Trigger

Can't wait!!!
any new picks

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
-Stegostoma Fasciatum
-Himantura Uarnak
-Flame Angel
-Potter's Angel
-Multibar Angel
-Spotband Butterfly
-Saddleback Butterfly
-Powder Brown Tang
-Achilles Tang
-Chevron Tang
-Whitecheek Tang
-Lavender Tang
-Red Tail Trigger

Can't wait!!!
Great selection. Can't wait to write about this!

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
Hey guys, the fish are coming in...
Just a quick question to anyone who has experience in the following species:
I'm thinking about introducing a golden puffer (show size) in but the merchant said that it might scratch the acrylic! Does anyone have a view on this??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store