770 Gallon Monster Setup

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Ok going to the other end...... I'm thinking you should put a shoal of about 2,000 rasboras in there!

Tank looks great. Nice job on the write-up.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Awesome job! And don't be ashamed of the goldies, they're the only things swimming in my tank... (granted you have me beat by x10)
Nothing wrong with goldfish. I'm considering keeping Sarassa Pond Comets.

do an central american theme :)
That is one bad-ass tank! What are your plans for how to do water changes?

PS - I second the CA theme!
CA theme = 78F water, right? I'm looking for fish that can tolerate a wider range of temps. It's been hot lately and the tank hit 81F yesterday. In the winter I'm guessing the tank water will get into the low 60s. Any stock suggestions for this temp range? I'm open to any and all ideas.

I'm impressed with your stocklist! I love all the fish you have on your list. Just because they are common doesn't mean they aren't awesome fish. I LOVE my four oscars, they have the funniest personalities.
I think I've seen a few of your posts and we have similar tastes. I love Os too. They don't seem to get too much love on this site, but my last O was the best. He was always grumpy...swam around with a chip on his shoulder. He cracked me up.

NICE, NICE, NICE!! How about some Cichla? I think some nice Green Orinos would look sweet in there :D Just dont think the Balas will live that long with Pbass.

Thanks for sharing:headbang2
Man, I would love to be able to keep Cichla...but I think heating the tank in the winter would be brutally expensive.

What is the pond matrix for in the sump?
It's bio filter media. Never used it before, but from what I hear, it's good stuff for submerged applications.

Ok going to the other end...... I'm thinking you should put a shoal of about 2,000 rasboras in there!

Tank looks great. Nice job on the write-up.
haha- I think if any fish less than 2 inches swims anywhere near the overflows, it's all over.

Check these cool water fish out something to think about would be beautiful in this tank....http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...872-Fugupuff-coldwater-rare-fish-Monster-Pond
Don't know much about tor but they are beautiful sleek and fast swimmers would be great for your tank!!!http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?429950-COLORS-OF-TORS-DBest of all for ya no heaters!!!!:D
Thanks for the tips Hulon. I did a google picture search on Mahseers and it looks like they get BIG...up to 3'? Is that right? Are Mahseers the same thing as Spinibarbus Denticulatus? From what I've been able to find, Spinibarbus Denticulatus get up to 30". Ideally I would like to get something that doesn't get bigger than 20"...24" tops. I don't want to be one of those people that has a fish that can't comfortably turn around in the tank.

Any suggestions for a cold water tolerant fish that won't exceed 20"?

thecoolguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Irvine, CA
just do some natives

- crappie
- bluegill
- small mouth bass / large mouth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com