7x4x2 glass tank build

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
Looking awesome! What is the glass thickness and is the bottom pane beveled or doubled up? Keep up the great work
Its a 15mm base with an 8mm on top which is just there incase something was to fall on it so that the 8mm cracks not the 15mm. Plus it acts as a ridge on the inside of the tanks for the sides to stick to.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
It's some cracking progress!
How long do you think until water?

I have the same plastic mesh as you, i assume the same size square, if so, my K1 would fit through my plastic mesh, would this not be the case for you?
I've today spent 2 hours fishing k1 out my sump and putting it into washing bags because it was clogging the baffles and starved my pump and heaters, two heaters blew but luckily no further damage.
I don't want you to fall victim of loose uncontrolled K1

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
sweet tank! thats pretty much what i want to build for my rays to get them out of there 5'x3'x3'. I'll be watching the progress of this for sure :)

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
It's some cracking progress!
How long do you think until water?

I have the same plastic mesh as you, i assume the same size square, if so, my K1 would fit through my plastic mesh, would this not be the case for you?
I've today spent 2 hours fishing k1 out my sump and putting it into washing bags because it was clogging the baffles and starved my pump and heaters, two heaters blew but luckily no further damage.
I don't want you to fall victim of loose uncontrolled K1
I appreciate your concern but if this is the pic you're relating to then there's no way the k1 will get through. I'm running tests now for the clogging which I'll update tonight. The second pic gives and idea of mesh size to k1 size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store