A Game Of Thrones

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
IMO there's a lot there that's easy to explain if you ask me. Arya stopped in the courtyard and didn't follow through because the Hound talked to her and finally made her realize that her desire for revenge was turning her into the same person that Hound was, someone driven by hate and fated to die and Cersei was going to die anyway no matter what Arya did. She finally realized that. The mountain and the Hound always hated each other, thats why the mountain shoved the hounds face in a fire when they were kids. Even though the mountain had become mostly "undead" himself, the hate for his brother was still strong so that explain not staying with Cersei for me. The hound let Cersei walk by because of what he told Arya in the courtyard, remember he told her that there was no reason for Arya to keep going to kill Cersei herself because she was going to die in the fire/rubble anyway. So he knew she was dead no matter what.

It's just one of those things where you can find fault in anything if you look for it, just depends on your view is all. Almost any Tv show/movie can be faulted under scrutiny. For me I think there's answers enough for my taste, and I enjoyed the final season and don't feel it was rushed or bad in any way. It's just a Tv show, it did its job and keep me entertained and wanting more but I was pleased with the way they ended it.
you can be satisfied with those explanations, and that's fine. you are in the minority though. i can't let a show slide, who has had excellent writing and story and character development for many seasons just phone it in like they did.

you may not fault the writers but i do. they didn't have to make the last 2 seasons short, they chose to thinking they can wrap it up and they were wrong. now they're saying things like, if you didn't know dany was gonna turn into the mad queen, you weren't paying attention. no dude, don't blame us for where you failed. even the actors themselves wanted things done differently. they're either too nice, don't wanna burn any bridges, have a sense of loyalty or for whatever reason, can't and won't really say what they feel. i choose all the above

if hound was gonna stop arya, he could've and should've done it at winterfell. if mountain was gonna say screw my queen, he would've done it when him and his brother saw each other during the meeting to call a temporary truce. also how would hound know that they were doomed if they walk in? you can't just serve your audience excellent 5 star dining and in the end sling buckets of baby food at us and expect us to be ok with it. you not only fail with the content but the delivery as well. and then say, well, you can't please everyone, you're whining because you didn't get served what you were expecting, in the way you were expecting it.......

again, i don't mind the results, i dislike the pace and delivery.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
you are in the minority though.

Oooookay, glad you know every GOT fan lol. I'm not gonna agrue over a TV show, if you felt dissapointed then I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I did. I'm simply saying, you're talking about things like where he told her, should have told her at Winterfell rather than Kings Landing. I mean seriously, if you put anything under a microscope like that then you won't ever be satisfied. It's a fictional show, it's not gonna be perfect for everyone.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Oooookay, glad you know every GOT fan lol. I'm not gonna agrue over a TV show, if you felt dissapointed then I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I did. I'm simply saying, you're talking about things like where he told her, should have told her at Winterfell rather than Kings Landing. I mean seriously, if you put anything under a microscope like that then you won't ever be satisfied. It's a fictional show, it's not gonna be perfect for everyone.
Just look at this thread. You're the only person happy with it lol. It's still my favorite show. I'm just disappointed. Everyone I know isn't happy with it. And a simple google or YouTube search will bring up tons of dissatisfaction among fans.

But like I said, if you're satisfied then I'm happy for you. Did you watch Lost? If you're ok with throne's ending you might be happy with lost's ending as well.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
It is what it is but I do agree with sumo...although not as passionately.

It was just so bland and predictable for such a well laid out series. Don't forget one of those dudes was responsible for the lame wolverine origins deadpool lol

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
But like I said, if you're satisfied then I'm happy for you. Did you watch Lost? If you're ok with throne's ending you might be happy with lost's ending as well.
Lost is a different story for me. GOT ending at least made sense, there's just some things that were not 100% realistic which is normal for any TV show. Lost on the other hand, that was just a cluster^%$# of a show towards the end lol.

I know plenty of people that enjoyed the final season of GOT. It may seem like more people don't than did, but that's because people love to complain. You hardly ever hear people take time to post how they like something, only do it when they don't most times.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
K krichardson Did you notice in that pic you posted the little girl in the front about to be toasted by a dragon seems to be smiling? LOL
No I didn't but that's right up there with a past photo I posted of Danaerys sitting at a table with a Starbucks cup in front of her.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
but that's because people love to complain. You hardly ever hear people take time to post how they like something, only do it when they don't most times.
Not necessarily. I actually got a bit of a shock about the ending, although I knew what to expect,courtesy to piranhaman00 piranhaman00 but I was hoping for a different one. So I felt it was a bad ending. It drowned my interest to the point I felt I have nothing to say in here....

It would have been more interesting if they never ended the show and we all kept developing theories. The fact is, we still do. Which means the ending is either genius, to trigger that sort of response, or stupid....Maybe we're stupid...

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
No I didn't but that's right up there with a past photo I posted of Danaerys sitting at a table with a Starbucks cup in front of her.
I heard there was another "boo boo" in the last episode. There was a plastic water bottle under one of the seats when they were all sitting in the arena and Gray worm brought Tyrion before them.

Maybe I''m just of the age where I remember truly bad endings to shows. I suffered through watching an entire season of "Dallas" back in the early 80's and watching characters die only to find out in the last episode the entire season was a dream :uhoh::wall: lol

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store