A Game Of Thrones

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Im not sure thats entirely true as bran can see both past and future??? just that the future depends on the paths people take which could lead to different outcomes so he cant be entirely sure how its shaped till that moment happens...

Also, being the three eyed raven im not sure hes supposed to influence any outcomes as much as be a keeper of stories and be able to predict certain outcomes...

Then again, i’ve not read the books so not sure if there was any side stories hinting bran had more influence than was shown on TV???
Yeah you could be right -- I haven't read the books (yet), so I certainly can't fully explain Bran's powers, but this video makes some compelling arguments, if even not 100% correct in all facets; and the YouTuber did make some accurate predictions about Jon killing Dany and Bran sitting on the Iron throne after being 'democratically' elected (though actually it's an oligarchy not a democracy).

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Dont have time right now to sit and watch the video, but the main reason why i dont think its Brans doing is because when he takes over someone or somethings mind, doesnt their eyes turn white?

Coz im almost sure i remember when Bran took over hodors mind, his eyes flipped and turned white same way the crows eyes turn white???

So in theory, if he took over the Drogos mind, wouldnt his eyes be white too??? Or maybe im forgetting they dont turn white when Bran takes over their minds???

Reactions: islandguy11

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
he was made the 3 eyed ravin to fix what the children of the earth had done when they created the white walkers them to begin with. as for the book, the show and the books parted ways by season 6. and after first 2 season there where not allot of similarities any more.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I really need to get the books and start reading them even if its going to take me a while to get through them all...

Im just worried if i start and GRRM doesnt finish the last volume will piss me off...

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Dont have time right now to sit and watch the video, but the main reason why i dont think its Brans doing is because when he takes over someone or somethings mind, doesnt their eyes turn white?

Coz im almost sure i remember when Bran took over hodors mind, his eyes flipped and turned white same way the crows eyes turn white???

So in theory, if he took over the Drogos mind, wouldnt his eyes be white too??? Or maybe im forgetting they dont turn white when Bran takes over their minds???
Good question, but I'm not sure if animals' eyes always turn white when Bran worgs them -- shortly after the Hordor scene you mention Bran also worgs a direwolf, and it's eyes don't change to white. I don't know, maybe it's different with magical animals like direwolves and dragons.

Also I'm not sure if they actually showed Drogon's eyes during during any of those burning of Kings Landing scenes, would have to go back and check.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ i have a feeling you could be right too!!! I need to study up a bit more on this subject...

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
George RR Martin just announced he should have the next book done by 2020 summer.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
George RR Martin just announced he should have the next book done by 2020 summer.
I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere. Someone said they didn't want to start reading until he finished with the next one...now we have a time.

Edit: It was Fat Homer Fat Homer

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Well I can finally read this thread again lol. I never watched Game of Thrones untill about 6 weeks ago when I started buying the dvd sets and watching 3-4 episodes per night. Watched them all and then bought the final season 8 off On Demand a few days ago and watched the final episode last night. Personally I thought it was one of the best series I have ever seen and would only place one other series ahead of it (Breaking Bad). Some people said they didn't like the ending, or that it was rushed and the Knight king's death was too quick. I don't agree. The battle episode (the long night) was 115mins of battle with the dead, the death of the knight king was done well IMO. I think a long drawn out sword fight between the Knight King and someone else would have made the Knight King seem too human/alive. In actuality since the Knight King created all the dead soliders then the entire 115min battle was more or less battling the Knight King himself, not just the last minute when Arya killed him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Game of Thrones. I was not sure how they would end it or who would be king/queen, but I think they ended it really well and don't really think ending it any other way would have been as satisfying for my tastes. I'm also glad they didn't kill Bronn, I figured he was gonna get killed a couple different times but didn't. I always liked that guy he was hilarious :)

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At

their eyes only turn white for a couple seconds and change back. they don't stay white. only bran's eyes or any other warg's eyes stay white

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store