Not open for further replies.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There are a few here and there!

Feed your fish processed meat from here and they'll get bad infections... (Google the listeriosis crisis)

Reactions: Tobiassorensen

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
There are a few here and there!

Feed your fish processed meat from here and they'll get bad infections... (Google the listeriosis crisis)
In Afrika, Hot Dogs kill you?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Another South African? This is the best ever!
Definitely more from S.A then Asia, especially around my neck of the woods... that is till i make my big move outta her lol...

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
To the land down under Australia...
I left 5 years ago. I must say that the UAE has way better aquarium stocking options and there are no restrictions on fish here. Literally can bring in almost anything. EXCEPT - red belly piranhas. There used to be loads here apparently until one day, some idiot labelled them as "dangerous to human life" haha...Ill see if I can find the article again

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I left 5 years ago. I must say that the UAE has way better aquarium stocking options and there are no restrictions on fish here. Literally can bring in almost anything. EXCEPT - red belly piranhas. There used to be loads here apparently until one day, some idiot labelled them as "dangerous to human life" haha...Ill see if I can find the article again
I’ve had the luxury of living in a country for most of my life where there have never been many / if any restrictions on any animals, especially fish, just a matter of if you can acquire them or not...

So now time to move on in life and start a new chapter with new beginnings... although will also likely mean i wont be doing a monster fish but will still try and setup a planted tank when im settled in... although need to build my house first lol...

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Probably the only bad thing about Australia is the tropical fishkeeping laws. Prob the reason I got out of the hobby being an American cichlid enthusiast. Can’t get any new American cichlid blood into the country even tho most lfs stock quite a few different types.

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
I’ve had the luxury of living in a country for most of my life where there have never been many / if any restrictions on any animals, especially fish, just a matter of if you can acquire them or not...

So now time to move on in life and start a new chapter with new beginnings... although will also likely mean i wont be doing a monster fish but will still try and setup a planted tank when im settled in... although need to build my house first lol...
Yeah you see thats your problem. You gotta get your priority’s in order. Big fish tank first, see whats left over and then build the house :)

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Probably the only bad thing about Australia is the tropical fishkeeping laws. Prob the reason I got out of the hobby being an American cichlid enthusiast. Can’t get any new American cichlid blood into the country even tho most lfs stock quite a few different types.
Yeah, Australian nature laws are pretty tough, but they are tough for a reason so i dont mind giving up certain luxuries regarding fish keeping for better overall quality of life ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store