A question thats been on my mind...

Red tail catking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
The white padded room
For awhile now I've kind of been looking for what could be considered to be the most aggressive freshwater fish available to the hobby and is considered aggressive by its treatment to other fishes. Many say that the Jardini are one of the most aggressive fish, many others also say the Wyckii catfish is a wicked beast of nature. But is there something out there thats even more aggressive towered fish? So thats when the MFK community comes in to help with this little quandary of mine.

Basically I'm asking you to tell me from your experience what do you think would be the most aggressive freshwater fish in this hobby of ours.

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
this is a very arguable topic but imo the red snakehead is fairly hardcore

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
aba aba knife fish are supposed to be pretty bad. i wouldn't put jardini up there personally.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It's hard to say...some fish are so aggressive that people don't want to risk getting another aggressive fish just to see who survives. While Jardini are probably the most aggressive of the Arowana and Wyckii are one of the most aggressive of the Catfish there are other fish from other categories. Aba Aba would have to be on the list as well along with African Lung Fish, Wolf Fish, Aligator Gar, etc.

LawOne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
hawaii
Fahaka pufferfish. Truly pure evil. Will cut things three times their size in half. Absolutely no tankmates. People say they've kept theirs with other fish before but it's almost always only for a time.
Mines is named Mutha. I'll let you figure out why.

mercury904

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Philippines
we all know what single fish fits in that category hehehehe >( """""",,('>

artemis1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
wiscawwnsin
My guppy is evil. He ate his own babies!

LOL. But seriously, I would have to say wycki... these things are just nasty.

Red tail catking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
The white padded room
Well thats true. But there are some fish that are so territorial that they will still pick on larger fish. Just basically I'm trying to find out what species of freshwater fish has the biggest reputation for being hostile to other tank mate, and as for size how about some where between 2'-4'.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store