Abandoned pup

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Good for you duanes duanes ,
Kudos for saving that little girl. She's so cute. Looks like you're giving the best care possible and giving her lots of love. Enjoy the puppy stage as much as you can. Please follow up with us.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The mainland vet came to the island the other day, and made a number of island resident house calls.
She gave the pup its first set of shots, and next month would be back for a second round, one of which would be for species of Coronavirus.
I asked about it, she said it was a different Corona virus species, that affected a dogs gastrointestinal tract.
She also said she was bemused by the human variant vaccine hesitancy, because there have been corona virus vaccines for a number of years for dogs (and humans), and that adapting the already created vaccines for other Corona virus species, helped accelerate the process of developing a vaccine for Covid 19, that it was not overly rushed.

Last edited:

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
I love seeing senior dogs act like pups again when they are around young dogs. Congrats on your new girl and agree on the tinfoil hat holdouts on the COVID shots. I already got mine back in February due to working in the hardest hit sector the LTC sector. It’s amazing on how people are so distrustful of science. SMH

Reactions: RD.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Great save, Duane! She’s a good looking dog.

FahakaPapa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
What a cutie! So does the pup have a name or does she still do by "pup"... Or did my dumba** miss her name? :wall:

Reactions: tlindsey

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Her name is Luna.
It was interesting, a couple weeks back, an official from the island came over and asked why Luna was still alive.
Confused we asked why that question?
Turns out around the same time other feral female dogs had given birth, and many islanders had acquired puppies, but most had died.
We showed the official, Luna's vaccination record.
None of the other islanders had given their dogs the normal vaccinations (distemper, Parvo, canine corona virus, etc etc).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store