acclimating puffers ?

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Another bad update this one didn't make it either :(

I wasn't able to set up a drip system in a bucket mainly because i don't have the right size heaters to keep the water wurm enough

So i did a water change around 40% and then set up a drip system to fill it back up to lower the salt level some it was going fine next day i check on the puffer was fine second day of dripping was fine again and even ate some Krill the next day I wen't down in the morning and check to see if the line was dripping as fast as i wan'ted it all good but i forgot to check on the puffer i wen't out and came back this after noon and found it dead :( there was a little less then a gallon left in the backet that was filling the tnak up i check the water all fine only thing was the nitrates they were at about 30-40

I'm really bummed i really wan'ted a fangs puffer there my favorite i guese i'll have to try and find one being kept at freshwater

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
pwmin;1853698; said:
No offense, but are you talking about the idiots at Todd's that told people to put salt in with their rays but make you bring in water to do a water sample before you can buy one?

AquaMart has some interesting puffers that are actually being kept in fresh like they're supposed to, such as a hairy and a pignose.
Wheres aqua mart BTW mabye i can get another puffer there if there being kept in freshwater mabye a hairy puffer i really had my heart set on a fangs but i will be upgradeing the puffer tank to around a 29 possible bigger so i could go for a larger puffer if i can't find another fangs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store