All glass 11ft

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Will be adding a huge fluidised bed system m140 cloverleaf FB, to handle the future stingrays and current fishes potential size and the total increase in waste.

Screenshot_20180617-153434.png Screenshot_20180617-153621.png

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi all, need some advice asap. I have a pair of 26-28in silver arowana both have been feeding almost out off my hand, however roughly about 6 weeks ago they have become extremely skittish and have both jumped out my aquarium about 5 times each. I can only feed them. At night when they can't see me or others in my house. I suspected it was another fish that might have scared them, but all the other fish are way to small for the silvers to be bothered by them. So what could have caused them to become soo startled continuously ????, everytime anyone comes close to the tank they go crazy and you have to walk away or the will jump. I thought it was the colour off clothes they might be scared off so I tested it, wore almost every colour and they jumped at all coloured t shirts. Tried dimming the aquarium lights still scared, tried rearranging my aquascape and still scared so I'm lost

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi Nate, yeah the leak was fixed by firstly empting the whole tank, and adding a l bracket to the front panel which sorted it. Only issue was on the 14th august 2020 my entire street was flooded up to knee height, luckily the water just missed pouring into my sump by literally 1 inch. So since august I've had to smash the entire ground floor down to the house hardcore level in order to get it dried. This meant removing the 11ft tank, initially I tried selling it but toooooo many time wasters or people didnt bring enough people to lift the tank, I suggested to hire 2 scissor lift tables but people again didnt listen so I ended up cutting it apart using a circular saw diamond blade, only problem was the bracing was under tension and as I cut the glass the front panel snapped. But I saved the 2 sides and back panel the bottom euro braced panel i had to cut because it was way to heavy to move as on piece. So now that I've almost finished renovation I convinced my wife to have a 8fx8ftx3ft aquarium as long as I built an extension for a bigger kitchen for her so she agreed lol.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
It looks like the plate was only bolted to the beam, why wasn’t it welded to it instead?

Disturbed.)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
It looks like the plate was only bolted to the beam, why wasn’t it welded to it instead?
Gravity, there would be no stress on the bolts unless there was lateral shifting. It's more work and more expensive to drill and bolt it but not everyone has access to a welder capable of fusing that thickness of steel or wants to do that in their house because lots of flying balls of liquid metal

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store