And so the new journey begins...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I think i've seen your tank before, with the chinese character "zen" on it? But anyway, can i ask do you by any chance run a Co2 injection on your nano? Or do you just use a carbon supplement like excel?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I was, but recently, I my CO2 cartridge ran out and I've been too lazy to get a replacement. The tank is still doing okay without CO2 or any added ferts. It's probably been about 3 months now. I kind of been slacking on the maintenance on that tank too.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Cool, the reason i asked is coz i know a few specialty plant shops over here, and quite a few seem to now agree with Co2 liquid supplement you can get away with growing most plants with the right lighting and soil...

Although they also tend to agree with Co2 injection you should get better results / growth...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Although i'm guessing most people here are a sleep right now... here is a quick teaser pic of the new 3D Background i picked up along with the first piece of DW... Although i will need to cut the background down a little bit in order to get it into the tank...

IMG_7251 copy.jpg

More to come in a few hours time hopefully once i come back from my 2nd run to another LFS i know...

IMG_7251 copy.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
To start i want to add some CRS and see if i can get a small colony going, then will add some ottos, followed by one type of killi fish i really want to add but forgot the english name of, along with some celestial pearl danios and possibly scarlet badis...

What do you guys think of that stock list idea?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ thanks bro, it was cheap too, for that board at 4' x 2' was only USD $41, which was a real bonus for me...

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
That's about the price here too mebbe bit more expensive and not much choices...
I like the stock list... And what mebbe the plant stock u putting in? I love the D hair grass carpets.. Awesome feel to it...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Yeah, i presume prices around Asia would be more or less very similar... just over in the US that it would cost a fair bit more i think?

Anyway, after another round of shopping, heres the 2nd teaser pic... as you can see, bought another large bag of ADA large size soil, 1 med bag of the fine powder soil, and a bunch of rocks and driftwood...
IMG_7254 copy.JPG

If i have any energy left after cleaning my 200G i may start playing around with the scape a little bit in which case i'll try and upload more pics...

As for the types of grass... i sort of have a very rough idea in my mind, but nothing solid yet... kinda like i know where i want short grass, tall grass, carpet etc... but the exact types is still some what iffy...

IMG_7254 copy.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store