Angelfish ID and community setup

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hong Kong
Hello guys.
I have recently reworked my 90g tank, and is preparing to introduce new fish this weekend. Currently, the tank is home to 14 lemon tetra, 2 emperor tetra, 4 bristlenose pleco, and 2 Corydoras trilineatus.

Here is my stocking plan:
30 lemon tetra
12 Emperor tetra
4 bristlenose pleco
10 Corydoras Trilineatus
10 Corydoras sp. "Gold Laser"

I would like to have angelfish as the main piece of the tank, and have recently discovered these and these fish in my LFS. Can anyone provide a possible ID of these fish? They look like Pterophyllum leopoldi to me but I am not sure. If they are, how many should I have, and do they have any special requirement? I have only kept normal domestic angels before, so I want to make sure everything is right before getting them.

Thanks in advance.

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hong Kong
I guess no one has experience with these fish then. Well, I would just head on introducing other schooking fish first

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
That's probably too many fish for your 90 gallon. I would go with one group of tetras, angels and one group of cories. The bristlenose should be ok for awhile depending on size.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
IMO it's way too many cories and tetras if you're also planning angels. The fish in the videos you posted are indeed P. leopoldi. Keep in mind that leopoldi are the smallest angel species and they are often out-competed for food, so they are often recommended for a peaceful tank. Make sure they're getting their share of food. I'd do at least 6. Wild Pterophyllum can be really brutal on each other compared to domestics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store