Any anti-sloshing ideas for transporting fish via car?

Maxdevine00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2020
Wow I didn’t know that about prime! And yes I have two 5 gal buckets with lids just in case!

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Well it's not just Prime, many water conditioners can also do this. duanes duanes posted some more info on the science behind this.

Reactions: Maxdevine00

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Years ago we'd transport between dams in 5gal buckets on the back fo a quad... wet work.
The guys started putting a handful of leafy tree branches in and voila, the water stopped popping the lids to soak us.
Give it a go?

I need to do a COVID downsizing move from office to home this month; only 20minutes, but mostly on a not-so-great country road. I've got the original styrofoam boxes the fish came in with their tight lids, but no appropriate bags to go inside - I will be adding leafy branches.

Maxdevine00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2020
The guys started putting a handful of leafy tree branches in and voila, the water stopped popping the lids to soak us.
Give it a go?
wow I’ve never heard this!! Do you think the fish hitting the branches would injure it? Also, does it matter what tree/plant in terms of possible toxicity? That makes sense though because they would sort of act like baffles. Thank you!

Maxdevine00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hmmm I’ll do some research I guess ... I’ve heard of egg cartons also... do you think that would work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store